CHAPTER 3

He was sitting surrounded by many yet he felt alone. He felt something was missing around him. Something was missing in the air around him. Maybe it was her presence!

                            *****

She had woken up early in the morning due to the alarm. She didn't remembered setting the alarm in the digital alarm clock that proudly stood on the side table near the bed. She hurriedly got up so as to not disturb the sleeping child beside her. It was 4:45 in the morning. Looks like my husband had planned on to not let me have my beauty sleep properly. For god's sake it was so tiring yesterday and now he had put the alarm for 4:45 am. She gathered that her husband was maybe quite strict with his routine. Sighing she looked at the little figure that snuggled into her sides holding her hand tightly. She smiled at her baby slowly entangling herself from her hold as she got up to get freshen up and do some yoga before getting ready for the day. She knew she wouldn't be able to sleep even if she tried to and so this was the best way she could utilise her time.

                               *****

He was sitting in the ministry office of deolali waiting for his teacher, his mentor to show up. He had been called for some important mission as he was told in the letter. He was somewhat relaxed or maybe happy that there weren't any kind of talks going around regarding his personal life. Though not much people knew, still the ones who knew, didn't talk about it anywhere. He knew his company, his battalion, they would never talk about or pass comments on his personal life. They respected him too much to do that.

"Shergill" he heard his mentor's voice calling out to him.

Standing up he saluted his senior following him as he went straight towards his cabin. Looks like it is something very serious.

"Congratulations on the wedding Shergill!"

Col. Batra wished him as soon as they entered in his cabin.

"Thank you sir!"
He thanked him politely before changing his demeanour back to the work mode.

Col. Batra signalled him to take a seat while he switched on the projector showing him some images.

At first Karan didn't understand anything but suddenly something caught his eyes. He figured the situation was much more serious than he had thought.

"This is dangerous. These innocent people don't even know anything and they might just die without any fault of theirs."

Karan knew whatever that was happening wasn't at all good. Innocent lives were at stake.

"I know Karan. And this is why I called you here."

"Special agent Karan Shergill, you are going to lead this mission."

Karan looked at his mentor with a slight frown. Not that he had any problem leading the mission but he knew the old man quite too well to know that this wasn't the only reason for him being called here. He knew if it had been only this, there was no point of him bringing all his medals in the ministry's office. He wasn't the best just for a show.

Knowing his protegee, Col. Batra had gathered from his looks that he wasn't  content with his answer. But for now it was better for him to concentrate on this mission rather than dwelling on something that would happen in future. And he knew that even Karan favoured this thought as he didn't say anything rather than nodding his head in acceptance of becoming the commanding leader of the team.

                           *****

It was her first day in her in-laws house. Even if Monami didn't had a mother in law or a father in law, she had her bhabhi who made sure that everything was done properly and perfectly for the new bride. She couldn't remember her mother and didn't had a mother in law but her bhabhi was no less than a mother. She was so protective, loving, caring yet strict. Just like any other mother.