CHAPTER 7

Darkness was all she could see. Darkness was all she could feel. Darkness was all she could experience.

No...no...no...
Leave me. Jaane do mujhe.
I am sorry.

She was breathing heavily. She knew that she was safe now. There wasn't anything she needed to worry about now. She was safe, respected and cared for. Loved? She didn't dared to go to that point. Maybe for her own sanity.

These nightmares now felt like her constant acquaintance. Something she hated yet couldn't help but feel connected to.

I need to get a grip. I need to get a grip.

She kept on mumbling to herself. More like reminding herself to be strong. Wiping her tears, she moved in front of the mirror to make sure her tears were undetectable. Smile etched like a shining star. But how does one manage to act through their eyes?

*****

I can't live here for long. I need to make out of this place. I need to find a way.

She knew she couldn't live there for her whole life. She just couldn't survive there. It was hell and she knew she had to get out of there. She had to do it. If not for herself, she had to do it for him. She couldn't lose hope. Not yet. Not ever!

*****

Sir, I am back.

.....

Sure sir.

.....

Jai hind sir.

He put the phone back in his pocket after the call had been cut. Closing his eyes, he stood facing the rising sun. The new day was here. And for him, a new mission he had to live up to.

He went back to his room quickly changing his clothes, he plopped down on the bed with his headphones on. The blasting music somehow calming him. He could feel someone coming towards his room. Perks of being an officer.

You are back.

A man said as he came inside the room.

Of course Daddy ji!

The boy winked at him before again closing his eyes enjoying the music as if nothing in the world mattered.

Sid!

His father shook his head knowing well that his son wouldn't get up now.

But as they say, not everything that shines is gold! And not everything you see or hear is the truth!!!

*****

Baby! Abhi bas hogaya. Chalo jaldi pehle ye khana khatam karo.

Barkha was the most calm and sweet lady one could ever imagine yet this daughter of hers could rile her up with her shenanigans. But she couldn't deny the fact that she was also the person who is the reason for her living. It's because of her baby that she is still there standing strong, binding her family together with love and care.

Mumma, no. This is yuck. Mai ye nahi khaungi.

Shaking her head at her little fluff ball, Barkha again ran behind her hoping to catch the kid who was no less than her father.

Barkha, no. This is yuck. Mai ye nahi khaunga.

Like father, like daughter!

*****

Attention! Company.

His team was ready. His soldiers were well equipped. He could feel their eagerness, their need to kill or to get killed. The thing he didn't want them to think of. But again, they will learn. He would teach them.