PART FIFTEEN: The Cinnamon Fairy

It's infuriating.

I have never said no to a book and reading consumes a concerning majority of my life.

But as I look down at the short story resting innocently on the dining table, the cover depicts a lady wrapped in a sheet sprawled out on a plush bed.

Sleeping.

I can't help but shoot the cover a nasty glare. 'You don't have to rub it in.'

Wishing it were me, I slouch too exhausted for studies. My body aches, lacking in energy and motivation as I lazily eye the tidy and minimalistic room. In the far corner, I see a sofa that, much like the bed in the book cover, looks very appealing at this moment. 'Would Daichi care if I took a snooze?'

I roll my pen across the table as I try to rationalize my wishful thinking, when a hot cup of tea is placed in front of me, the aroma sweet and herbaceous.

'That smells absolutely delicious~'

Following the cup, is a white plate which is placed in front of me and holding a tasty looking sandwich. Considering the food, it seems to be salad and maybe chicken with mayo?

My nose doesn't lie, I'm like a hound when it comes to food.

It's such a simple sandwich, but as I look at the spongy white slices, my belly lets out a very audible growl. Feeling heat rush to my face I glance up at the angel that brought me food.

And oh, how angelic he looks too.

The angel's hair is stuck to his forehead, still wet being freshly showered. I've seen his hair like this many times, only it's usually due to being all sweaty from practice. But this time, still looking just as sexy as always, but with one exception.

He smells like apple and cinnamon.

Why that of all scents?

Who cares! Not only does he look like he was sculpted by the gods, but he smells good enough to sell at a bake stand.

And sell out you shall Sawamura.

"Thanks for waiting while I cleaned up. I thought you might be hungry." He states with a casual smile, gesturing to the plate I'm trying to reframe from drooling over. Along with the man himself.

This guy is seriously dangerous, the number of times I have almost let my shame worthy thoughts slip out, leads me to think he may be doing this on purpose. As he leans over the table to get a costar for me, the strong aroma of cinnamon tickles my nose as the muscles in his shoulders tense as he moves. I feel myself stop breathing for a moment, disgracefully captivated by the well-worked physique of the Volleyball Captain.

For crying out loud, you smell like a Daichi Danish!

I was obviously not being very stealthy, so when I was found out, it didn't come to much of a surprise. He looks down at me with a quirked brow. "What's wrong? I know it's nothing fancy, I'm no chef." He nervously laughs as he straightens himself up, running his hand through his damp locks.

Shaking my head, I pull the plate to me, not risking my food being taken away as I reassure him. "It's not that, promise. Thank you for the food and tea." Sending him a grin as he shuffles, looking away for a moment.

"Then what was with the look?" he questioned curiously as he takes a seat opposite me at the table. Timidly swivelling my teacup, I let out a small laugh.

"It's nothing serious or anything. Umm, it was just that-" Trailing off I glance up at him, his eyes fully transfixed on me. I don't know what it is about those eyes, if it is the deepness in colour or his dark lashes, but I always feel so entranced.