Chapter 1

It was a bright morning in Adventure Bay, as the pups were eating their breakfast, Ryder decided to try to make something useful for Matthew. Ryder took Matthew into his workshop.

Matthew: What's this place?

Ryder:This is my workshop, this is where I make the puppacks, customize the puphouses, and other things.

Ryder gently placed Matthew on a table.

Matthew: What's going on?

Ryder:Well I'm thinking what would best suit you for a mission.

Matthew:Oh.

Ryder: It's obvious that, thanks to Skye's training, you're no longer afraid of heights from what I can tell.

Matt:Yep.

Rocky then walked in.

Rocky:Hey you two, what's going on?

Matt:Hey Rocky.

Ryder: I'm thinking of what I could make for Matthew so he can help out the team.

Rocky:Have you talked to Chase about it?

Matthew:Not this again.

Ryder:(Chuckles) I'll admit it, I find it very interesting now how protective Chase has gotten since you came.

Rocky:Well for some of us, it's starting to get annoying, sometimes he doesn't let us near Matthew.

Matthew:I keep asking him about it, he just saids, "It's for your own good".

Ryder:Well I'm sure he doesn't mean any harm, Chase is just looking out for you.

Rocky: Anyways, you're making something for Matthew right?

Ryder:Well I'm thinking of something.

Rocky:Can you put Matthew on the floor, so I can see what we could make?

Ryder then gently picked up Matthew, carefully setting him on the floor next to Rocky. Rocky lowered his head.

Rocky:Mmmm, can you let me measure your wrists?

Matthew:Ok.

Rocky then carefully measured Matthew's wrists.

Rocky:Are you ok with heights?

Matthew:Yeah.

Rocky:(Chuckles) I think I might have something.

Matthew:What is it?

Rocky: I'm thinking of giving you grappling hooks.

Ryder:Um... why grappling hooks?

Rocky:Well since Matthew is tiny, he can't reach very high places, and I think he's brave enough to handle it.

Matthew: I'm fine with it, it's just Chase.

Rocky: Don't worry about him.

Ryder: Let's get to work, I guess.

Rocky: First, have you eaten anything yet?

Matthew: Actually no.

Rocky: Don't worry, I'll take you into the Lookout.

Rocky: I'll be back.

Rocky then carefully and gently bit the back of Matthew's shirt then gently lifted him off the ground. Rocky then walked outside.

Ryder: Grappling hooks huh? I guess those could work, it mainly depends on the type of mission and Matthew would need a lot of training to use them correctly.

In the Lookout, after Rocky gave Matthew something to eat, they decided to just talk.

Rocky:Be honest with me, how annoying do you find Chase when he is overprotective of you?

Matthew: I'll admit, it's annoying but I know he means we'll, he's just trying to keep me safe and I'm grateful for that, but sometimes he just doesn't let me near the rest of you, it makes things harder for me to feel comfortable here.

???: Is everything alright here?

Matthew and Rocky turned to see that Chase had come inside the Lookout.

Matthew:Oh hey there Chase.

Chase:Are you ok?

Rocky: Don't worry he's fine.

Chase:I saw Ryder take you his workshop, what's that about?

Matthew: It's nothing important Chase.

Rocky: Don't worry, Matthew is completely safe.

Chase:Ok then, has Matthew eaten anything?

Rocky:Yeah, I fed him.

Chase: Thanks Rocky.

Rocky; You're taking him outside, aren't you?

Chase:Well yeah.

Rocky: Don't worry, I'll pick him up.

Rocky then placed Matthew on Chase's back.

Matthew: Thanks Rocky.

Rocky: Anytime buddy.

Chase then walked outside. Skye instantly ran up to Chase.

Skye:Hey Chase, are you busy?

Chase:Well I have Matthew with me, but not really.

Skye looked at Matthew.

Skye: Morning Matthew.

Matthew:Hey Skye.

Skye:So Chase, do you mind if you go talk, alone?

Chase:Um... I don't know, I have to keep an eye on Matthew.

Matthew: I'll be fine.

Skye:Just leave him with Ryder.

Chase:But I need him to be safe.

Matthew:(Sighs)

Skye:Chase, you worry too much about him. Matthew can take care of himself.

Chase:I can't risk his safety.

Chase then walked away from Skye. Skye could see how hurt and sad Matthew was.

Skye:(Poor Matthew, Chase doesn't even realize it but he's deeply hurting Matthew by keeping him separated from us.)

Matthew:You didn't have to do that, Chase.

Chase:I know, I just don't want to see you hurt.

Matthew:I understand that but I want to be able to hangout with the others.

Chase:I know you do, I want you to feel comfortable, but I just worry because you're tiny.

Matthew:I know you do.

Chase:Mmmmm...

Matthew:What?

Chase:The pups and I have been thinking about this for a while.

Matthew:What is it?

Chase:Do you mind if we just call you "Matt", since it's short for, "Matthew"?

Matthew: That's fine.

Chase:(Giggles) Ok then Matt, I heard that Ryder has been working on a uniform for you, can I see it?

Matthew:Of course.