Cure Me of My Ills | VampirexSparklingxHerb 💖🥖

618 words, (💖🥖)

"Mmm..." Vampire hummed as he lay on the floor of his boyfriend's bar  awaiting his return. He heard the door open. Sparkling looked shocked and ran over to help Vampire up.
"My darling.. what's wrong?" He asked. Vampire grunted in response. After being placed on a chair, Vampire slumped a bit, but made a chesty cough. Sparkling put his hand there and his eyes widened.

"Vampire... oh dear.. your temperature is really high.. I'll get a cold towel for your head.. oh right!" Sparkling brought out his phone. "Hey Herb.. I know it's quite late, but Vampire appears to have a fever.. oh glad to hear.. I'll leave the door unlocked for you.. see you soon honey."
Vampire looked up from being spaced out. "I'm cold..." He coughed.
Sparkling lifted him up and moved him to the back room bed.

"You've gotta stay still, promise me you will?" Sparkling asked with concern.
"Mm.. I'm too exhausted to move.." Vampire sneezed then closed his eyes. "I want a hug.." But before Sparkling could move closer, small snores were heard. He giggled and placed a quick kiss on Vampire's forehead. He heard the door open. Herb walked in and kissed Sparkling on the cheek. "How long has he been sleeping for?" He asked.
"Just fell asleep. Sorry for calling you out here just to see him sleeping."

Herb smiled. "It's okay. I get to see you both, which is the best thing I could ask for.." He paused. "Can I sleep with you tonight? It's quite a far journey from my house."
"Of course, darling. Come with me."
"Will Vampire be alright?" Herb asked hesitantly as they walked out the back room.
"We can't get too close to him.. fevers are generally contagious. I hope he'll be okay though." Sparkling held Herb's hand for comfort.
"I'm just worried.." Herb admitted.
"He's fine... just stay with me, okay?" Sparkling sat Herb on his bed.

"Oh my.. this bed is so soft.. how come Vampire always sleeps in the back room?"
"He'll end up sleeping on my bed all the time.. heh.."
"I'm thinking about how much I adore you both." Herb smiled as he lay back onto a pillow.
"I love you both too." Sparkling put an arm around Herb. "It's peaceful when you're about to sleep. You're so calming." He whispered against Herb's ear.
"You're so pretty.." Herb said as he fell asleep.

.

Herb woke up to a quiet thud in the room next to the one he was in. After slowly moving Sparkling to get to the main bit of the bar, he noticed the door to the back room was open. "Vampire?" He said as he saw him slowly drinking grape juice on the floor.
"Herb! I didn't know you were here.. can I get a kiss?" He slurred.
"Only if you start drinking water instead of your grape juice. You need water when you're ill!" Herb helped Vampire up onto a stool.
"Do I have to.?" He whined.
"Yes. I'll get you some now." Herb went to a tap and filled a glass. "Come on Vampire.. or.. or I'll tell Sparkling to never give you grape juice."
Vampire reluctantly took the glass and drank the water. "It tastes too.. clean."
"And it's good for you. How do you feel?" Herb glanced at the deflated looking Vampire.
"I feel better than yesterday.. I think I'm better already!" He smiled before coughing a little less violently than he had the night before.
"Not completely better, you need to relax."
"And that's what I do best!" He walked back to the back room and fell on the bed.

Herb smiled to himself.

Until he heard a sneeze from Sparkling's room.