Keep You Warm | AlmondxRoguefort 💖

513 words, (💖)

Idea from a convo with me and RandomlyLexi

Linked to 'Hopes'

This Winter was particularly harsh, and the amounts of frost kept increasing with each passing day.

Roguefort visited Almond almost every day, and Walnut was surprisingly not opposed to it. They were a comfortable family, and they agreed. This particular night though, Roguefort was late to the house. It was around 9pm by the time they arrived, and Almond greeted them warmly.

"Good evening, Roguefort!" Almond kissed them on the cheek as he lead them in. "Want a hot chocolate? I was just making one for Walnut."
"Oh, I wouldn't mind one bit, thank you!" They smiled.
"Hey Roguefort!" Walnut said from another sofa.
"Hello, little detective! How's your homework been going?"
"I've finished it all." She grinned, then whispered, "I haven't, so don't tell dad!"
"What a good child!" They winked in Walnut's direction. "Anyway, how have you been, Almond?"
"Same old, same old. I'm just busy with a few cases, but not too many." Almond set out two cups of cocoa, and one cup of decaf coffee.
"Great to hear." They took a sip of the hot chocolate and smiled. "Sweet, just how I like it. Thank you, darling."
"Anytime, Roguefort. And how is yours, Walnut?"
"It's amazing, thanks!"
Almond sighed contentedly and took a drink from his own mug.

They continued chatting away, until Walnut had to go to sleep for school the next day. Almond was sat cozily on couch, leaning on Roguefort to preserve heat. They were warm, and they were happily cuddling.
"Should we go to sleep yet? It's 11pm." Roguefort whispered.
"I don't see why not. Let's go upstairs." Almond helped Roguefort stand, and they moved to Almond's bed.
"Now, this time, you're the little spoon. No arguing, because I was it last time." Roguefort smirked.
"You're right.. you'll help me stay warm anyways." Almond kissed them gently and got comfortable under the covers. Roguefort followed, and tightly hugged Almond.
"Good night, dear."
"Good night, honey."
"..."
"..."
"Was that a new name for me?"
"Shh.." Almond blushed as he buried his face in the pillow.
"You can bury your face in my chest if you want. I'm much warmer~"
Almond blushed again. "Alright.." He rolled over to hug Roguefort. "You really are warm.." Almond slurred the last bit as he fell asleep.

.

Morning arrived, and Almond woke up alone. He sat upright, and noticed an envelope on his desk. He opened it and smiled. "I'll visit them later."

My dear Almond,
I made you and Walnut breakfast and fed Constable Whiskers. I had to depart early due to something coming up, but it was quite cold outside.

Have a nice day, sincerely, Phantom Bleu.

Later eventually came, and Almond got himself tidied up. He reached towards the coat rack in his room, but he grabbed nothing. He looked at it, and his trench coat wasn't there.

"So that's what they meant by but it was cold." He chuckled. "I'm gonna have to get them a trench coat one day. And my gloves are also gone."

Almond laughed heartily before putting on a different coat and heading out. "Anything to keep you warm."