Slavery

Slavery

[ sley-vuh-ree, sleyv-ree ]

noun

the condition of being enslaved, held, or owned as human chattel or property; bondage.

a practice or institution that treats or recognizes some human beings as the legal property of others.

a state of subjection like that of a slave

<><><><><>

 Slavery.

I bet when you think of slavery, you don't imagine yourself being unwilling to escape it.

I know, for me, the central image that comes to my mind when I think of slavery is chains.

Lots of chains.

Big, thick chains swirling and twirling around a human being, weaving throughout their limbs penetrating their very heart. Hopeless faces, wounded souls, bruised and beaten bodies, humans being treated as objects to be used and abused...that's what comes to my mind.

While the picture that comes to your mind is probably different from the picture that comes to my mind, I think we all agree slavery isn't something anyone willingly partakes in, right?

Like the definition says above, slavery is the state of subjection, of being enslaved, held, or owned, of being stripped from your value as a human being.

But do you realize that slavery happens more than you realize in every day life?

This is in the form of addictions.