Chapter 7

Y/N's POV:

It was 4:30 pm when me and Harry were hanging out by the Black Lake... I really enjoy his company even if we have nothing to talk about really...

"Y/N?"

"Hmm?", I looked up from the novel I was reading.

"Thank you for the scarf, I love it.", he smiled, before staring at the lake again.

"I sewed it myself. Took me ages.", I laughed, "But uh... if you had loved it, you would have it wrapped around your neck now."

His eyes widen, "I- uh... I was gonna but..."

I burst out laughing, "Chill Harry. I am messing with you-" as he cut me off, "I could say the same for you. You are not wearing the earrings I gifted you earlier either."

I shook my head laughing, "Using my words against me, Mr Potter? Fair enough."

After a long pause, I broke the ice by asking about his Yule Ball date.

He sighed, "I had someone on my mind but... unfortunately, she is going with someone else..."

I nodded, not pushing him further... If he didn't mention her name, maybe he doesn't feel comfortable telling me....

"Well, Parvati is really pretty. Anyways, I should get going. I promised Hermione we would get ready together."

As I stood up to leave, he gave me a puzzled look, "But it's just 5 pm... there is still 3 hours left for the ball to start..."

"3 hours to look pretty then.", I winked.
××××××××××××
AT THE YULE BALL:

As I was making my way towards the entrance door, I saw Harry staring at me with wide eyes.

"Hello Harry. You look so handsome. Oh and look at the earrings I am wearing.", I said turning sideways to show him the earrings he gifted me earlier.

"T-thank you...and you... you look... brilliant Y/N...."

I started giggling seeing him blush and stumbling over his words... this boy is really awkward with girls I swear.

I turned around as I felt a tap on my shoulder.

"Oh my, Miss. Malfoy, you are looking really beautiful tonight."

"Why thank you, Mr. Diggory, you cleaned up well yourself either.", I said before I kissed him on his lips.

As we pull apart, I heard Parvati gasp, "Is that Hermione Granger?"

I turned around to see Hermione descending the stairs in a beautiful blue dress.

I hugged her and whispered, "Hermione, everyone's eyes are on you."

She giggled, "Thanks to you, Y/N."
************
"Y/N, have I told you how stunning you are?", he asked as we were slow dancing to a song.

I giggled as I placed my head on his chest, "Yes Ced, a couple of times."

He tilted my chin up so that we were staring into each other's eyes, "I swear I might be the luckiest guy to have you in my life."

I smiled as I claimed his lips on mine, "I love you Cedric."

"Forever?"

"Forever."
*************
"Y/N? What are you doing here?"

"I could ask you the same Draco."

I took a seat beside him as he look up to the sky, "I come here usually to stare at them."

There was a blanket of stars above us. I smiled, "At midnight?"

He nodded, "The darkest nights produce the brightest stars Y/N."

Deep.

"You know when I was a kid, my dad used to tell me that once you die, you become a star so that you could watch upon your loved ones... see that bright red one shining alone in a corner? I am sure that's him.... My dad."

"Y/N... you must miss him so much..."

I simply nodded. We fell silent for a few minutes... and surprisingly I find comfort even in his silence....

"Do you love him? Cedric?"

I was shocked for a moment... why is he suddenly asking me this?

"Yes... I love him Draco... so much."

He nodded looking away from me, "Then what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be hanging out with your boyfriend?"

"Oh uh... we were actually heading towards our common room... we got tired and thought we would call it a night but he had something important to say to Harry, so while he was searching for him, I don't know why... I ended up coming here... but I am glad I did. I love what I am seeing here tonight..."

"Oh I know I am a sight for sore eyes, thank you Y/N.", he smirked.

I burst out laughing, "So cocky for what Malfoy?"

He suddenly stood up and extended his hand towards me, "Can I have a dance with you Miss Y/N?

I smiled placing my hand in his, "Yes you may Mr Draco."

We started dancing in the moonlight... without realizing we were drowning in each other's eyes....
***********