Part 3

*TW* *CONTAINS TALK OF ABUSE AND RAPE*

I was sitting in Chris's trailer waiting for Mark to show up. I was going over the usual questions Chris should ask an interviewing PA and handed them to him.

"Follow these as a guide." I said and Chris nodded. After a couple of minutes there was a knock on the door, I got up and answered. I saw Mark standing there and I smiled at him.

"Come on in." I said and he smiled walking in.

"It's nice to see you Peyton. We missed you when you left." Mark said and I just half nodded and sat down off to the side.

"Chris will be conducting the interview." I said and he huffed a laugh.

"Okay let's get started." Chris said and I heard him asking Mark all the questions but he kept sneaking glances at me, making sure I was okay. Once the interview was over I stood up and Mark approached me.

"You know he is looking for you." Mark said, I just shook my head.

"I figured." I said annoyed. Mark just looked at me.

"Everyone is talking about what happened. Is it all true?" Mark asked and I hung my head and nodded.

"That's why you quit the firm and ran?" Mark asked and I nodded.

"Peyton...." I heard Chris say. I looked at him and he saw the tears forming in my eyes.

"Hey, Mark I will give you a call soon and let you know if you got the job." Chris spoke up and Mark nodded and left. Before Chris even knew what was happening I threw myself into him and cried into his chest. He wrapped his arms around me tightly. He noticed I wasn't hugging him I was just crying with my hands over my face and in his chest.

"Oh Peyton...." Chris said and just held me. He walked us over to sit down and he just let me cry.

"Peyton please...tell me what happened." Chris begged and I took a couple deep breaths.

"I can't, I'm sorry." I said and got out of his grip and headed out to Robert's trailer. I was happy he wasn't in there and I just went onto the bed and cried. I was scared now with Mark being here and possibly working for Chris, if he worked for Chris he could tell everyone where I was. I calmed myself down after awhile and I just laid on the bed. I looked up some info on my phone and knew I needed to seek help which everyone had been wanting me to get since it happened, I figured it was time.

-------------------

A month later everything was getting to normal. Mark was Chris's PA and everything was going fine there. I had tried avoiding Chris as much as I could since my breakdown in his trailer since I didn't want to have to have a conversation with him. I was sitting in my therapist office in silence just looking at her.

"Come on Peyton, you have to give me something." She said and I shrugged.

"I don't know what you want me to say." I said.

"Tell me why you are here. We have had 3 sessions and you have told me about your life and why you are in town but we all know there is a real reason why you are here and we need to discuss that." She said.

"I just don't know if I'm ready." I said and she sighed.

"Have you told anyone you are getting therapy yet?" She asked and I shook my head.

"I thought we discussed telling your dad?" She asked.

"I went to tell him but I backed out. I know he would support it I just don't want him to feel like I couldn't trust him to tell him the whole problem of what happened to me." I said and she nodded.