Do You Wanna Build a Snowbeing?

Chapter 31: Piper

"Piper, look!" Sadie exclaimed excitedly, jumping up from her place beside me, elbowing me in the gut in the process, and running to the window, "It's snowing! That's a sign!"

Coughing slightly and rubbing the spot where her elbow had caught me, "A sign of what exactly?"

"A sign that..." she wrinkled her brow like she was thinking very hard, "That we should go visit Justin and Leo before we get snowed in! They might get lonely without company."

"They have each other," I muttered, biting back a smile, flopping over onto my stomach, pretending to go to sleep.

"B-But... they're not artistic," she protested, hopping back onto the bed and shaking my shoulder lightly.

"What does that matter?" I asked, lifting my head to raise a brow at her.

"Well... they need to be artistic to build a decent snowbeing," she explained, "And what's the point of having snow if you can't build a snowbeing?"

"Uh-huh," I chuckled, "Why a 'snowbeing' and not a snowman?"

"I'm a feminist now," she replied, pursing her lips, "Zara's mom showed me an article about female empowerment and how society uses words to exclude women... I don't think it should be a snowman, but it shouldn't be a snowwoman either because that wouldn't be fair to boys. So it's a snowbeing."

"I see," I smiled. That's pretty advanced thinking for a sixth grader, "Well, I don't see why we can't just leave them to their own devices and build our own snowbeing here."

"You're dating Justin..." she whined, "Doesn't that matter at all? Don't you want to see him?"

"I see him every day at school," I pointed out.

"Yeah, but I want to see Leo," she blurted, blushing a bit after she realized what she had said.

"Aha!" I laughed, "Now the truth comes out! Okay, fine, we'll go see your boyfriend, Sadie. Go grab your coat and boots, all right?"

"He's not my boyfriend," she grumbled. Even so, she rushed off to do what I'd told her to while I went to put on my own coat and boots.

A few minutes we were both set to go, so we got in the car and drove up to the Cameron mansion. Right as we were pulling in, I noticed Justin clearing off the windshield of his car while Leo tapped his foot impatiently beside him. Sadie and I managed to get out of the car and trudge up the driveway unnoticed.

"Did we come at a bad time?" I asked, stifling a laugh at the look of surprise on Leo's face, "It seems like you've got somewhere to be."

"Not at all," Justin chuckled, "We were just about to drive out to see you two, actually."

"Good thing we got here when we did then, huh?" I smiled back at him, leaning up on my toes to peck him on the lips, "Would've been a shame if we missed each other."

"Eww," Leo complained, "You guys are so gross."

"Oh, sorry kid," Justin laughed at Leo's scrunched-up look of disgust, "Is this better?" He pulled me in and kissed me again, but this time he made exaggerated sloppy, smacking noises that made me burst out into a fit of giggles.

"You know, I heard that loud kissers are the worst kissers," Leo pointed out with a mischievous grin, "I just hope it doesn't run in the family."

"Leo!" Justin exclaimed in annoyance.

"What?" he answered, feigning innocence.

"Nevermind," Justin replied, rolling his eyes, before turning his attention back to me, "So why'd you drive up here?"