This is what happened

Author's POV

Lan xichen ,"I am sorry but my brother won't be able to answer your questions for now."

"First master Lan what do you mean? Are you telling us to wait till we die here because of this stupid game and due to hunger."

"That's right. We can't wait anymore. We need to get out of this place fast."

"Second master Lan can you stop shedding those useless tears for that worthless person and tell us how to get out of here."

Lan xichen clenched his fist in anger.

Lan xichen,"My brother won't answer anything. Can't you all understand this simple sentence."

Lan xichen glared at the crowd with angry eyes for a few sentences and then again turned to his borther who was on his knees and still crying.

Lan xichen, "wangji , don't worry childe wei will be safe."

Wangji finally looked up to see his brother.
Then he took out a letter from his chest pocket and handed it to Lan xichen.

Lam xichen took the letter.

He looked at his brother as if asking whether to read it or not.

After looking at his brother for a while lan xichen understood that his brother was asking him to read it.

Flashback
Lan wangji was laying on the bed unconscious. When he started to reagin his consciousness he heard fighting and arguing sounds. He struggled to get up. His head felt heavy and his vision was blurry.
After sometime he was finally able to get. He was about to rush out of the room to see what was happening but then he noticed that he was topless. He panicked for a moment. But then he noticed that  there was not a single injury on his body. The deep cut which he had on his arm that would take a week to heal completely disappeared .He immediately grabbed his robes and wore them to confront that unknown spirit.

When he went out of the room he was surprised to see the view infront of him. Wei wuxian was lying on the floor covered in blood struggling to get up . There were five people in a similar uniform and their swords were covered in  blood.
Lan Zhan rushed towards Wei Ying to help him to get up. His robes turned crimson due to Wei ying's blood.

Wei Ying was horrified to see lan Zhan.

Wei Ying,"lan Zhan go inside".

Lan Zhan ignored what Wei Ying said.

Lan Zhan,"are you ok? Who are they?"

Wei Ying was standing with much difficulty with lan zhan's support.

(Talking among guards)

"They seem to know to know each other. We should take that mortal with us also."

"Yes you are right. They look close. That mortal might know something about her son. Let's capture him also."
..............

Wei Ying closed his eyes and murmured some spell and then he pushed lan Zhan with the little strength left within him.