Your Worst Nightmare Begins

Finally the day that Nightmare had been waiting for. All that's left is waiting for the signal.

The majority of Nightmare's day was watching as the Star Sanses pursue and fight his leftover Nightmare Papyrus. He was aware that their numbers were dropping. They were disposable pawns anyway. Just a plan in his chest game. 

The numbers were quick to fall too, especially with occasional help from outside forces that they called to help them with their push towards his tower. From morning till evening they wouldn't stop. Nightmare was only excited when he'd be able to do something.

Finally, the last Papyrus dusted as Ink, Dream, and Blue approached the tower. Blue kicked the door open as they entered inside. The fortress was very slim. There were screams and to the walls were cage upon cage of villagers in constant hallucinations of fear. 

"It's a powerhouse for Nightmare. . ." Ink mentioned. "All these poor people. . ." Blue walked up to a cage and tried to open it, but it wouldn't budge. "This tower is made strictly out of Nightmare. . .if we find him and defeat him, everyone will be free" Dream mentions.

Ink looked to the side to see a staircase. "Over here!" Ink pointed. The two other stars then looked over. Ink would lead the way upstairs as they ran up and up and up.

Nightmare could sense that they were growing closer and closer as he sat on his chair, with the birdcaged soul in his lap.

A glitched portal opened behind Nightmare, and Error stepped out from it. "We're finally ready. . ." Error responded. "Just in time." Nightmare's smile had widened.

"I'll lure them over." Nightmare stood up, holding the cage in his hand. Error nodded and retreated back into the portal as it closed and collapsed on itself.

It wasn't long till Ink, Dream, and Blue reached the top of Nightmare's room, where he stood waiting on the balcony.

"Brother! Stop your terrorism and free these people from your false hallucination!" Dream demanded with his bow in hand, an arrow pulled back on the string, ready to be fired. 

Blue held two bones in hand in a fighting stance. Ink with the paintbrush, ready to be used.

Nightmare shrugged. "Fine. . .but you'll have to catch me if you want this soul" Nightmare waved the birdcage in front of him. The three of the stars went wide-eyed.

Suddenly there was a rumble from the building they were in as it started to implode on itself. "The villagers!" Ink called. Blue then rushed back down to go to every cage to try to free them all.

Nightmare laughed as he allowed himself to fall down the balcony. Dream ran over to try to catch Nightmare. "Dream!" Ink shouted. "Help Blue!" Dream yelled back as he jumped off the balcony to follow Nightmare.

Ink ran back down the stairs to help Blue in the breaking tower.

Nightmare laughed at Dream as his tentacles would shoot toward Dream. Dream quickly turned his bow into a staff as it opened a shield and deflected Nightmare's tentacles straight at him. He pushed them away as the staff would glow again and turn into two separate blades as it would slice Nightmare's tentacles.

Nightmare would hiss in anger as the cut tentacles would turn into spikes and would shoot downward at Dream

The spikes would impale Dream's back as he hissed at the pain, he'd reach his back and pull the spikes out and throw them to the side. They inched close to the floor. Dream turned his blade back into a staff as he'd shove his staff into the tower.

It would cut through the goop as it'd slow his plummeting fall.

Nightmare himself turned into goop and forced himself into the falling tower. From the tower, Nightmare hid inside shot-out tentacles that grabbed at Dream's waist, and tossed him away from the tower to the ground.