The Universe Over You

Ccino entered his apartment. Tuckered out from the long day. He brought his cats home since it was luckily it was Friday and they didn't need to be there anymore. He closed the door once the cats were all inside and got comfortable. 

Ccino was desperate for sleep but kept dragging himself on. He'd drag himself to the kitchen to fill the cat bowls with food and water. He'd go to his room to undress and put on more comfortable clothes.

Once he was settled in his house, he'd come downstairs to sit and watch TV. Maybe even read the books Nightmare left, if he was up to it. Everything felt like a dreading chore, rather than living.

His eyelids fought with Ccino to sleep, but Ccino refused. He didn't want to...not yet. What if Nightmare showed up today to read with him? It would make his day if he did. Even if they're not on the same page, even the thought of Nightmare thinking about him would help.

Minutes turned to hours and the dread grew heavier. The news was just about the chaos of the city, and the decline of progression.

It made his soul sink. He gritted his teeth and threw the remote at the TV in a sudden outburst. The glass would shatter, but Ccino couldn't care. Ccino took in a deep breath, leaned his head back, and finally closed his eyes in defeat.

Nothing seems to be getting better...and with the multiverse in the palm of Nightmare's hand, the balance is broken.

Nightmare must have done something and lied.

He didn't change.

He's just the same...even now, he won't show his face now that Ccino gets it. He rejected him because of what he'd done. He'd rather choose the world over Ccino.

It was never a good idea to doubt him in the first place.

With these thoughts Ccino would drift off to sleep, laying on the couch to his side, finally after not being able to get a good night's rest from the sudden unpleasant dreams and nightmares he's had.

In his sleep, a portal would open, and step inside Nightmare. He knew the emotions Ccino had experienced...and waited for when he was asleep. Perhaps you can call it ignoring or avoiding the issue at hand.

Nightmare refuses for even a single soul to get in the way, right when he's so close to having the world to give to whomever he pleases.

Ccino is one of those people...just as debt for all the coffee. That's what he likes to think anyway.

The cats in the apartment would hiss at Nightmare for the intrusion, but he ignored they're yowls and cries. He'd head to Ccino's room and grab his blanket. He brought it over to Ccino to cover him up to get some good sleep.

The negative energy in the area would be absorbed. From Nightmare's view, purple smog would be attracted to his body, causing him to be more powerful. As well as the area being more clean and balanced in a neutral state. That way Ccino can get some sleep rather than be pestered by the bad mojo of the city.

"...Apologises for not coming sooner to read with you. I'm quite busy..." Nightmare apologized even though Ccino was fast asleep. Perhaps in his dreams, he can hear him.

"...I'll get going now, see you tomorrow" Nightmare opened a portal and stepped back, back to his mansion. Ccino cuddled up in his blanket. He felt warm all of a sudden. 

Dream sat in the dark room, waiting and thinking of ways to escape. If there is a way to get in, there is a way to get out. From what Dream can feel...the multiverse is deprived of happy feelings. 

It's impossible to teleport out of here. Nor is it enough for even a small attack to perhaps damage the walls. It's just like Nightmare would want. Dream being powerless against him. Even the smallest shred of hope can ruin this plan...so he made sure that everyone was miserable. Even Haventale wasn't too happy.