part 1

“Goth! Come on!” Palette said as he went to the swings at recess.

“Coming!” Goth replied as she picked up her cloak and scarf and slung them over her shoulder as she attempted to catch up with Palette. “Pally you always run off!” she playfully complained.

“Sorry, Gothy!” He said as he pushed Goth on the swing.

“Palette!” She laughed when Palette got her super high. He hopped up on the swing next to her and pushed himself.

Then Cray, the kid that is known as the “neighborhood bully”, came to Goth.

“Hi Goth! What’s up?”

“Er, nothing much. Just playing with Palette.” She answered. She had always been shy, especially when Cray was around. She hated it when he would make fun of Palette for no reason.

“I’m surprised you were able to stay friends with her for this long.” Cray told Palette.

“I’m surprised you cared enough to notice.” Palette retorted. 

Cray looked offended. “Of course I would care about my friend!” he said, referring to Goth.

“We’re friends?” Goth asked.

“Of course we are!” Cray said as he stopped Goth’s swing to hug her. Goth was confused, uncomfortable, and a little upset that her playdate with Palette was interrupted.

“Cray, please let go.”

“Nah.”

Reaper and Ink were walking around, trying to figure out what park their kids were at. They had a surprise for the kids. They had seen Cray stopping Goths swing. They went closer and heard what Goth requested Cray to do, and Cray’s answer. Reaper was about to get Cray off of Goth but Palette hopped off the swing and helped Goth get Cray off of her. The parents watched as all this went down.

“She asked you nicely to let her go.”

“It’s just a hug, relax.” Cray was annoyed and went for another hug.

Palette had blocked him. “She said no.”

“Then you can’t hug her either!” Cray was mad.

“Only if she tells me not to.” Palette grumbled.

Cray turned to Goth. “You are friends with this idiot?”

“Yes! And Palette is not an idiot!”

“Yes he is!”  

Ink stepped forward and stood in front of the kids. “Cray. Goth said no, so leave her alone. And Palette is not an idiot.”

Cray rolled his eyes and walked off, grumbling.