part 8

Five years later.

There had been no sign of Palette or Goth at all. Reaper got a job as a police officer to see if the kids could be found faster. Geno and Dream would often go out just to try to think of something other than the kids. 

Palette would be seventeen and Goth would be fifteen. Neither had seen each other since they had been separated. Goth would cry herself to sleep and Palette would stay up all night until he physically couldn’t. 

Both had been abused and neglected by their kidnappers, and Goth was forced to do stuff to make Zaiden happy, like chores and other things. Palette would be forced to do really labour-intensive work without breaks, just for the amusement of Xavier.

Palette was busy chopping wood for Xavier’s fireplace when someone knocked at the door. Another friend, was Palette’s thought.

He heard lots of yelling from inside the house and a police officer went to where Palette was. “What is your relationship with Xavier?”

“He is my kidnapper and abuser.”

“What is your name?”

“Palette.”

After some more conversation, the officer helped Palette get to town.

A similar thing happened with Goth, except she was cleaning the house. When a police officer offered help, she agreed with no hesitation. She was exhausted, and ready to leave. She was walking when Zaiden, who had escaped from the officer's grasp, started to chase her. She ran for her life.

When she was running down the street, she ran into someone, causing them to stubble. “I’m sorry!”

“It’s alright.” They realized Goth was being chased and hid her behind them until Zaiden left. 

“Thank you.”

“You’re welcome. What’s your name?”

“Goth.” 

They froze and faced her. It took them a minute to realize. 

“Palette?!”

“Goth!”