No one's fault

A/N Hey sorry for the late update and that the chapter is short. X

Harry woke up with his back in agony but he felt amazing. It had to be the most invigorated sleep ever experienced. He smiled down at the blond-haired boy tangled around him, legs entwined with his own. Harry laid back down listening to the steady breaths of his partner treasuring the moment.

The other boy started to stir a quarter of an hour later. He blinked his eyes open, adjusting to the light. "Morning," Draco yawned and clearing his throat from his morning voice.
"Morning" Harry whispered placing his face into the crook of Draco's neck, not wanting to let go. Draco smirked at Harry, "You're like a cat." He attempted to pry the man off him.
"Better than a ferret" Harry retorted his voice, slightly muffled. Draco playfully shoved him. He was not, however, expecting Harry to freeze in his place. The pair stared at each other, neither breaking eye contact before Harry fled.

Snape was walking down the long empty hallway of the manor when suddenly, he was ambushed by a whirl of black hair. He fell to the floor, startled. He opened his eyes to see Harry looking at him with wide eyes filled with fear. "I'm so sorry." The boy said in a low voice. The teen seemed torn from helping the man up or cowering into the nearest corner in an attempt to remain unnoticed. Snape heaved himself up off the ground and dusted off his robes. "come here." Snape spoke softly not wanting to provoke Harry any further. Harry shuffled over, and the older man embraced him.

Harry stiffened at first before slumping against Snape as tears threatened to spill. He angrily swept them away and refused to cry. He was not weak.

Snape observed the boy trying to figure out what had triggered this reaction. His question was answered almost instantly as Draco whirled around the corner calling Harry's name frantically.

When he noticed Harry, Draco ran over and seized the boy from Snape's grip, pulling him into a hug "I'm sorry." Harry opened his mouth to say something but, Draco continued "I keep messing up. It's just - I just, don't know what I'm doing wrong!" He grumbled at himself.
"It's not you," Harry promised, "I just can't tell you right now but you cannot blame yourself." Draco nodded taking Harry's words in.

Snape left the pair alone sometime in their musings. Harry looked at his watch and realised that they were going to miss breakfast. They both sprinted down the hallways laughing as they went.