𝚡

virginia petrov sits in the back of a green army truck, surrounded by five shield soldiers. her hands are bound tightly behind her back, and a metal clamp is on her mouth. her feet are also roped to the seat of the truck.

it appears nicolas fury has learned his lesson, since the whole ordeal with bucky in one of the captain america movies, virginia thinks.

yes, gasp if you will, i broke the fourth wall. the fourth wall is more of an invisible idea. i, the author of this story, have the right to mess with the readers heads. you're welcome.

heading back to the plot now.

it was actually quite surprising that virginia didn't put up much of a fight while being captured. she knocked out a few soldiers, and then went with the rest willingly. she had some type of a look in her eyes. indistinguishable but questionable.

the soldiers untie her feet from the truck seat and lead her into the facility. she doesn't even try to fight it when they force her into a small cell after removing all the hidden weapons on her figure. it's pretty much a glass box, framed with metal. she couldn't get out even if she wanted to.

the former assassin just sits against a wall and stares at the ceiling. her eyes casually scan the room, as she sighs, tired. her hands, now free of the handcuffs, are occupied by two things. her right hand holds a small device with a red light flashing on the side. the left plays with a stray piece of ribbon. a yellow ribbon.

and now comes my part. the whole fourth wall shit again. you see, i have this control panel on my desk, a keyboard. and when i write certain things, they happed in my story. a series of events and feelings, you could call it.

virginia herself helped me organize this part. the part where we travel back a few decades, to see when things really started.