A Vacation. A New Start. A Proposal. An Old Face.

The following morning, Hope, Shanna, Liz, and Amy all decided the best way to deal with their romantic problems was to act like they weren't there. The four friends all chose to go to Java and have coffee and cookies and talk like they did every Saturday. One problem, Jesse, Smith, and Lucas were sitting by the counter talking.

"This isn't the best way to start off a girls day is it?" Hope asked looking at Amy as they walked up to the counter to order their drinks.

Amy didn't even hear Hope as she caught Smith's eyes on her. 

"No. It sucks. Let's go somewhere else." Amy replied taking Liz by the arm and walking to the door.

Before they could even reach the door Smith grabbed Amy's hand.

"Can we talk?" He asked practically begging for a moment of her time.

"Please? It'll only take a minuet."

Amy smiled and nodded her head as she walked with Smith to the booth in the back of the shop.

"So I guess this means it's just us?" Hope asked smiling as she looked at the twins standing at her side.

Shanna smiled and nodded as Liz caught Jesse's eye.

"Of maybe just us two." Shanna added watching as Liz walked up to Jesse with what had to be the biggest smile a person has ever had.

Hope smiled and held out her arm.

'Let's go, buddie. We have a great day to have and we don't need those traitors. We don't need men. We have each other." 

Shanna laughed and took Hope's arm as they walked into the street.

"You still take your coffee the same?" Smith asked holding a cup of coffee out to Amy.

Amy smiled and nodded.

"We haven't talked in what three days and you think I changed coffee preferences? You really are paranoid aren't you? No I haven't changed at all. Just changed my taste in men not coffee." 

Smith laughed and handed her a cup. Sitting next to her at the booth he reached across and gently touched her hand. 

"I'm here for you. You know that right? Regardless of your feelings for me I care about you and if you want a shoulder to cry on I'm here."

With a smirk on her face and her dimples showing for what seemed liked the first time in days, Amy smiled and grasped his hand back.

"I love you. You know that right?"

Smith smiled.

He knew. He just wished she loved him the way he loved her. That would change everything.

"I know. I love you too." Looking over his shoulder Smith smiled as he saw Jesse and Elizabeth laughing over a cup of coffee. Maybe things would work out for the two lovesick guys after all.

"You're insane. This is insane." 

Jesse reached across the table and took Liz's hand in his and held on.

"What's so crazy about it? You aren't working and I'm off work for a week. We have nothing holding us back. Why can't we go away together?" 

Elizabeth couldn't believe it. She had been waiting since her junior year at high school for this guy to want her and now he did. She was smiling from ear to ear and she didn't know why.

She was happy. She was actually considering going away with him.

"You really want to go to Hawaii with me?" She asked almost confused.