Unspoken Words

Friendships Into Love

Later that night after the party had obviously died down Amy, Shanna, Marc, Maria, and Lucas were getting ready to leave feeling like 3rd wheels to Rick and Elizabeth who were catching up.

"Okay, guys we have to stop now. I am awfully tired and I have to go to bed"

Maria said to the others.

"NOOOO!" Rick and Elizabeth shouted.

They both blushed for being so loud.

"I have too, I got work tomorrow" she said smiling at them.

“Okay. How about we all meet up for coffee tommow?” Amy suggested.

“Sounds like a plan.” Shanna said walking to her bedroom.

“Night.” Everyone said simultaneously as they all left.

The next day Elizabeth was making breakfast for herself, Lucas and Rick. Shanna was already at work. Though, Rick and Lucas haven't asked for it, they always come over, and that is because of the breakfast. "BOYS, breakfast!"

Elizabeth said walking out in the hall. The boys came directly across and sat down. "Yummy!" Lucas said when he saw the food.

After a while when they ate in silence, Rick and Elizabeth very embarrassed from last night. How could they kiss? Elizabeth sighed. That's not the question, the question is Why did I like it? Rick looked at Elizabeth with a shy smile, She responded with a giggle. Wait, giggle? Damn it, Elizabeth thought cursing herself. Rick is her friend, they would never be a couple again.

"Hey, Liz and Rick?" Lucas said.

"Yes?" they said with one mouth.

"You know how Maria thought you were a couple when you first meet?"

Lucas said with his mouth full of bacon.

"Yes, I remember." Elizabeth said also with her mouth full with bacon.

"She still thinks you would be a couple, I talked with her on the phone yesterday night and she kept talking about how perfect you were"

Lucas said laughing. When no one else said something or laughed he looked weird at them.

"Isn't it funny?" he asked.

"Yes, me and Liz a couple? Haha"

Rick said with a fake laugh, and Elizabeth fake laughed too. It was incredibly awkward, and Elizabeth and Rick blushed. Nothing Lucas seemed to noticed, he just kept laughing. "Damn it. I am late for work!"

Lucas said and was on his way to walk away. He then stuffed so much bacon he could in his mouth and then walked out.

It was an awkward silence, no it wasn't just awkward… it was much worse. They both continued eating and didn't look at each other. But of course, they both thought about it. That's all they been thinking of since last night. The kiss, that damn kiss.

"Uh, Rick?" Elizabeth said, someone had to break the silence right?

Rick looked up at her. She looked incredible, her hair was shining and her beautiful eyes almost made him drown in them.

"Yes, Liz?" Rick said smiling.

Elizabeth smiled too and looked in his beautiful eyes.. wait? Beautiful? Elizabeth, stop thinking like this! It's Rick for god's sake! When Elizabeth was about to say something about it but she just couldn't and what could she say? Hey, Rick, we kissed yesterday, you know.. and I liked it.. but.. did you like it?, ha, that's just pathetic. Sure they were friends but they never talked about high school about their relationship. They never talked about why he broke up with her. Why he started dating so soon afterwards. Why talk about it now.

"Nevermind" She said with a sigh and stood up.

"I have to work, clean after yourself, okay?" she then added.

Rick nodded, obviously disappointed that she didn't said what she wanted. Elizabeth took on her jacket and smiled at Rick as a last good bye before she walked out. Rick sighed and cursed himself. Why did he kiss her? Well, he had too. But why does he keep feeling like this? Maybe I am in love, Rick thought and laughed for himself but stopped directly. What if he was in love? I mean he loved her in high school. Maybe those feelings didn't go away. The door opened again and Elizabeth stood there nervous. Rick walked close to her, and the distance between them disappeared when Rick kissed her.