Run

Vaughan

Wednesday, 10:34am

Liam and I spent the whole day together yesterday while Ella had a party with her friends. We talked. That's it. We never just talk, but yesterday changed things. We talked like we never would again, which isn't true, but it will be a while before we see each other. We spoke about school, and family, and our dreams, and Chiara. I'm not sure how we got on the topic of Chiara, but we did.

I like Liam...like like him obviously, but I couldn't help but blush when we talked about her. Is it possible that I have feelings for both of them? No. I want to think the answer is no, but these past few months have made me feel things. Ew. I hate feelings. Feelings are for nerds. For Liam though, I am fine with being a nerd.

All of those gross romance novels say that your sister's best friend is totally off limits, but then she falls in love with the guy, so...NO. Why am I thinking like this. I have Liam. He is all I need. I don't need Chiara, but that doesn't mean I don't want her.

Okay, so I have feelings for both of them. In my defense, Liam's face was the tiniest bit rosy during our conversation too. Well, maybe that's just my excuse, but it is a valid excuse. Either way, I leave for California tomorrow, so it doesn't matter who I like or whatever.

Today, my family is spending some time with our cousins since it's our last day. I would rather be spending my day with Chiara and Liam, but it's fine I guess. I'll see them tomorrow at the airport.

Ella and I sit on our Aunt's couch, bored as ever, listening to the adults talk about crap I couldn't care less about...respectfully.

I shoot Ella a look like, "Can we leave already?"

She widens her eyes and shakes her head in agreement.

This isn't how I wanted to spend my last day in Pennsylvania.

As if the Gods heard my cry for help, my dad's phone rings. He steps out of the room to answer it and comes back a minute later.

"There's been a leak in the house, I have to go check it out." He says.

"I'll come with you." I offer. My mom gives me the death stare.

"Yeah, I can go too." Ella says before my mom sighs.

"Okay then, I guess I will go as well." Mom gives in, looking at my Aunt.

"Sorry to leave so abruptly, especially having to say goodbye for a while." My dad apologizes, trying to make the situation less awkward.

"No problem," my Aunt says with sympathetic eyes, "I hope all is well at the house."

We say our goodbyes, getting extra tight hugs to hold us over until Christmas if we visit during the Holidays.

We pile into the car, buckling up and waiting to go. My dad just sits in the passengers seat and doesn't say a thing...or do anything.

"Vaughan, are you going to step on the gas or are we gonna sit here all day. We have a leaking house." My mom spits at my dad, getting impatient.

He stays silent for another second, but then starts, "I'm going to be honest, that was a spam call. There's no leak. I just couldn't talk about mortgages and insurance any longer."

My mom's jaw drops and I can physically see the fire in her eyes.

"You dipwad." She says with a slight laugh, swatting him in the shoulder.

"Thank you, dad." I say.

"Bless your soul." Ella adds.

The car erupts into laughter and my dad starts driving.