Rumaisah (6)

~~~~~
                 Rumaisah♥

Rumaisah let out a breath of frustration clutching tightly on her abdomen, cramp sucks, she let out profanities rolling over to her side.

She closed her eyes, but sleep was far from reach, she groggily got off her bed making her way to the bathroom, all she needed was a hot steamy bath to wash away this darned cramps, not like it worked though,  nothing worked, it seems like her body was immune to all the medication.

Lol, and she once thought she could get used to the pain, but now it was clearly proven, no one gets used to pain, you just learn  not to show it.

She focused back and finished with her stuffs, she came back after moments of staying the heated tub, it felt like a fire had been put  out from in there.

She got dressed in a red with black s lace like material, tied her scarf into a nice style, she didn't bother putting on any makeup, she went with her natural looks.

She gave herself a once over look, smiled and sprayed her favorite oud, she felt contented.

She looked at the watch that hung on the wall, the time says "9:30am", she shrugged, she still had thirty minute, her mother had an appointment at the hospital and they needed to be there at ten sharp.

She strutted out to meet her mum having her breakfast together with naya, her dad was yet to be back, they had spoken on the phone yesterday and he had told her he'll be back by tomorrow or a day after, it wasn't decided yet but she missed him, more than a lot actually, she felt the urge to hug him from the Phone, too bad her wishes couldn't come through " salam alaykum ummah, naya" she greeted nodding her head with a smile.

"Salam rum rum!"

"Salam sisto"

They both answered her in unison " how was your night?, slept well?" Her mum questioned.

"Yeah I did mum" she lied, the crying, the cramp and just everything ruined her beauty sleep.

She decided to skip breakfast, she would be better of with the tasteless crackers that was kept in a big jar.

she slowly munched on the tasteless crackers, she heard the crunching sound of it breaking into bits of flakes.

She knew better than to eat something sugary, especially during her time of the month, it only Worsened the cramps!.

She decided on waiting for her mum in the car and her mum had joined her a bit after she left, maybe not to keep her waiting.

She drove out and headed straight to the hospital. She dropped her mum off taking the route that led to her friends house.

The drive to sajidah's house was short, it was close to the hospital.
Sajidah was her friend, best friend, well almost, at least she considered her one, Sajidah was someone who conversed with literally anyone and everyone.
            Just anyone with good gists, they had met few years ago when she went for some grocery shopping.

On days like that, were she had to shop, going out on a hot scotching sun wasn't her thing, she had lazily gone to the shop just to get few thing and ended up making friends with Sajidah who became her friend ever since then.

Sajidah might be a chatterbox, but she was so good at giving advice's, most time when she needed a good advice she always went up to her.

She found a free space to park, she got out and sashayed her way in, though its been long she came here, this was like her second home, where she could come always, where she felt welcomed.

She pressed on the doorbell, the sound rung loudly, chiming into the huge building, announcing the visit of a guest.

The door was opened by mardiyya, if she could remember clearly, it was sajidah's old cook, mardiyya was  clearly old now, the wrinkle that showed clearly on her face and hands could not be concealed, even though her face was still as cheerfully bright like always.

She saw as mardiyya's face turn to that of confusion, then to familiarity, she could see the smile that slowly formed on her lips, the motherly aura had embraced them " rumaisah?"

She nodded her head slowly, she took in the household, still the same, screaming of its expenses, the rich creamy colored paints, fake artificial flowers were kept on various vases, the art portrait, the huge Royal chairs, everything screamed money!.

There were few family pictures to ones that was of her husband, he is a pilot and then their little girl of three and and a boy of seven month or so.

" sannu aunty Mardi" she greeted, after her brief eye tour. 

"Sannu, rumaisah ki shigo" she stepped in, the fresh scent of  the local tularen wuta (  incense stick)    hit her nostrils as she momentarily took a   Deep breath," let me go call madam" she heard mardiyya said to which she nodded her head, less she forgot to mention earlier on, Sajidah was about two years older than her.

Mardiyya left to call Sajidah down while she took her seat, her main focus was to get everything out of her chest.

Sajidah descended down the stairs, no, not elegantly, she shook her head laughing at sajidah's excited look as she climbed down the stairs hurriedly, for goodness sake she was a mother of two

" OMG aisah!!" She felt sajidah's body crash into her, squeezing her tightly enough for her to lose her breath.
"I miss you bestie" she heard sajidah's loud voice said close behind.

"Then, please don't let me die, oxygen saj oxygen!!" She dragged, her voice a little bit raspy.

"Yeah yeah okay aisah, pardon me, I was just so excited to see you, like girl, you dey glow oo, but whatever I missed you, my gist partner" rumaisah rolled her eyes.

"You do?" Rumaisah asked quizzically, sarcastically, she ignored Sajidah who continuously batted her long lashes at her trying to gain her attention.

" ugh, you're no fun at all!" Saj said  smacking her on the arm.

They chatted over refreshments.

Sajidah had gone upstairs to dress into  more suitable cloths, a little while back, she had suggested to go to a restaurant, just for a girly outing.

Sajidah arrived, dressed in an emerald green atamfa that hugged her curves, not too tight though.

"Let's go girl, I can't wait hey?" Saj said as they got into her car. The drive was a bit long, seeing as the restaurant was a bit far .

It was a day spent memorably.

******

Thanks for reading, do vote, comment and share!