Chapter 1: first day of school

Chloe's POV:
"Chloe hurry up!! We are gonna be late!" My mom yelled upstairs. "Okay I'm coming! Let me just put on my makeup!!" I put on mascara and light foundation then ran out the door. When I got in the car hayes was sitting in front of course and Skylynn was sitting in her car seat next to me. "Hey sky." I whispered. "Hi Chloe" sky said back in her cute little voice. "Yo wazzup Chlo?!" Hayes yelled. " Ya know just really excited for my first day of school with everyone I hate." I said sarcastically. I seriously hate everyone at my school. Everyone just makes fun of me or physically bullies me or uses me for my brother. Hayes and I get out of the car and walk into our "prison". (As I call it) We compared our schedules and we only have home room and science together. Hayes went over to his locker to put his things away. I was walking to home room when I got knocked to the ground. I looked up to see a group of two guys and two girls. "Where do you think you're going hun?" One girl with a ton of makeup said. "HOMEROOM NOW MOVE." I sassed back as I pushed passed her. I got into homeroom and sat down next to hayes. " Chloe what happened to your arm?!" Hayes yelled/whispered. "What do you mean?" I said back. "You have a huge bruise and it's swollen. Who did this to you?" "Umm I honestly don't know who they were but don't worry about me hayes I'm fine." "I know who did this. I'll be right back." Hayes said and ran out the room. All of the sudden this girl came and sat down next to me. "Hi I'm Rachel. What's your name?" She said with a smile. "Chloe." I replied. "Well it's very nice to meet you Chloe." "You too Rachel." The teacher started talking about a bunch of stupid rules and hayes still wasn't back. I am starting to get worried. I decided to text him because we are allowed to have our phones in class. (H-hayes C-Chloe)
C- where are you?!
H- I'm coming back soon. Gtg
C- please hurry.
I think something is wrong with hayes. He hasn't come back and it's already been 30 minutes since I texted him. I asked the teacher if I could go to the bathroom and now I am running through the hallways looking for him. I hear a scream coming from the janitors closet so I sprint towards the door. I try to turn the knob but it's locked. I start to cry and pound on the door because I know he is in there. "HAYES!!" I scream. Finally the door opens and I am faced with the group that tried to beat me up earlier. The girl who pushed me had a bunch of bruises and a bloody nose and the others looked about the same. "Tell me where my brother is!!" I demanded. "Whatever. He is over there." A tall boy with blonde hair pointed to a corner where I saw hayes crying. I ran over to him. "Hayes what happened?!?" "I'm fine Chloe. Let's just go to class. I looked at hayes and he had a black eye and his arm was swollen black and blue. "Hayes let's go to the nurses office. They will help." " I said I'm fine!" He said back. "Okay. If you say so. Let's get to class then."
Before I knew it the day was over. Hayes and I walked out and got into Nash's car. (He picks us up from school) "So how was y'all's day? Nash asked. "OMG it was amazing! I love school soooo much!!!" I screamed very sarcastically.