Chapter 12

"Hey, J, who ya got there?" a guy with long curly light brown hair said as he watched us walk over. I had noticed he was one of the guys Jax always seemed to hang out with. The group of guys had always seemed so intimidating , hanging out in a group towards the stage. I felt like I didn't fit in with the crowd here at all, and I was sure they would realize it. I clasped my sweaty palms together as we got closer to them.

Jax stopped walking suddenly and moved in front of me, blocking my view of his friends. He turned to face me and I looked up, realizing how close we were again.

He squinted. "We don't have to hang out with my friends. We can go somewhere else if you want."

"Why?" I asked.

"Jax, why are you hiding her?" I heard the same guy call out. Jax shook his head and looked up at the ceiling, sighed and then turned around, guiding me toward them again.

"Guys, this is Liv. Liv, this is Evan, Ash, and Ro-"

"I'm Robyn's Hood," the guy with curly brown hair cut in and introduced himself to me, extending his hand.

Everyone started laughing as I reached out to shake his hand.

"Duude," Ash said. "I told you not to use that name." Ash was bigger and muscular and had a cap on backwards like Jax usually did.

"That's my rapper name," the curly haired guy explained to me. "It's gonna stick," he said back to them and then looked at me and shrugged. "It'll stick. Jax is gonna teach me how to rap."

Jax slapped him on the back and laughed. I smiled.

Jax leaned in close and whispered in my ear so I could hear him. "His name's Robyn, but we usually call him Robby."

I laughed and nodded, trying to hide the shivers that ran down my spine.

"So this is the girl you told us about," Ash said and smirked at me. "The girl who's stolen little our boy's heart."

"He thinks he's funny," Jax deadpanned and pushed Ash who laughed and rubbed his palms together.

"Where do you work?" Evan asked me. Evan was a little more lanky and had light brown hair and blue eyes. His arms were covered in tattoos. 

"Um, I actually go to Dal," I said nervously.

Ash raised his eyebrows. "Oh, you're a student. So you're a smarty pants."

I laughed and shrugged my shoulders, not sure how to respond. I was hoping that wasn't a dig at me and more of a lighthearted joke. 

"Yo Jax," Evan said and nudged Jax in the shoulder. He raised his eyebrows. "Lara's been lookin' for you."

"Shit, when?" Jax asked.

"Earlier in the club. Says she wants to talk," he laughed.

Jax shook his head and rolled his eyes. "Whatever."

The guys all chuckled.

"She probably won't be happy with Liv here," Ash said, and Jax shook his head.

I raised my eyebrows. "Who's Lara?" 

"Jax and her dated for a while," Robby said. 

"They were always on and off, and on and off," Evan laughed and then Jax punched him in the arm.

"Shut up, man," Jax said. Evan put his hands in the air.

"Don't worry 'bout her," Jax whispered in my ear, sending shivers down my body for the millionth time. 

The guys chatted for a bit about rap, and I stood by Jax and tried to keep up with what they were saying. 

"You like rap, Liv?" Robby asked.