Olga

As Sasha and I were in mid conversation, the firing squad fire. Firstly, killing Alexei causing him to bleed, then aiming on us girls. I look around and see my sisters screaming and crying. I won't be able to save all of us, but I can only try. I look behind me and see two metal rods, I pick them up and go over to Tatiana.

"ANASTASIA, MARIA," I yell.

I gesture for them to come over.

"Remember the Pont Alexandre?" I ask my sisters.

They nod their heads.

"Whatever pain we go through, remember Paris and only Paris. Tatiana and I are going to make a break for it, I suggest you somehow do the same," I tell them.

"I'm scared Olga," Maria says shaking.

"It's going to be okay, I promise. We'll find each other again even if it takes an entire lifetime."

I move over to Anastasia.

"Anastasia. Paris," I tell her, closing the gap so our foreheads are touching.

"One more thing. The smoke is your advantage, and Maria the doors behind you, yank them open."

I turn my back with Tatiana and walk towards the doorway. I see the figures of the men trying to kill us including my beloved. We remain still for a moment or so, then I swing my rod hitting one of the men square in the face. They start trying to force us onto the floor, but we are standing our ground and for once in our lives, we are fighting back. I'm not ready for death, and I will not be killed.

"TATIANA. UP THE STAIRS NOW!" I scream.

I grab a gun from the closet man near me, and shoot someone so their attention is drawn to him. With causing a distraction, I bolt up the stairs, only to hear Sasha's distressed voice. I only run faster, I see Tatiana standing there not moving.

"Why aren't you running. Do you want to die," I scold her.

"If we are together, they have a stronger advantage," Tatiana says.

"May the lord, be your guide sister," I farewell Tatiana.

I keep running down the halls unable to navigate my way.

"OLGAAA," I hear a voice yell behind me.

I immediately know who it is, and I run on the balls of my feet. I however hear the sound of footsteps getting closer, and closing in fast. I gasp as a hand twirls me around.

"I need you to listen to me," Sasha calmly says.

"No. I won't listen to you," I stubbornly say.

"Please Olga."

"No."

I stare at him sternly, as he does the same to me. Out of nowhere Sasha picks me up and tosses me over his shoulder. I instantly start screaming and pounding my fists against his back telling him to put me down. Eventually, Sasha puts me down and covers my mouth with his hand.

"If you're not quiet, you will be found and killed. Do you understand?" Sasha whispers in my ear.

"You can leave me alone," I fire back.

"Olga. I'm only trying to protect you."

"By having me murdered," I exclaim.

Sasha tries to touch me, but I flick his hands away.

"This is the only way Olga, please try to understand," Sasha pleads.

"I will never understand why the only man I have ever loved, has tried to kill me," I protest.

"Your parents had to die, as for your brother he was heir."

"WHY," I yell.

"He found out about us," Sasha whispers.

"Why does that matter?"

"He said that I would be executed. And you know what Olga, if we hadn't started being a thing this would never have had happened."

"How could you say that Sasha, after everything we've been through," I say with tears forming in my eyes.

"He was going to let you and your siblings go free. But when he found out I had sent a letter to the Romanov Palace, he told me I was a coward an imbecile to have brought dishonour to our family."

"You could've said no Sasha."

"He is the Duma Olga; he runs the country. There are no Romanovs anymore. They are gone, nothing but a distant memory. I was a fool to believe that you were the one," Sasha says.

His words shatter me, like he has plunged a hunter's dagger deep in the core of my heart. I feel my eye begin to water and cascade down my cheeks.

"Then you've lost me."