happy times

Emma stood washing the dishes from the morning breakfast. Killian had cooked a hearty, Captain's breakfast of eggs, grits and bacon.

As she was drying off in plate, she stops for a moment and rests her hands on her very large stomach.

"Come on baby girl," she whispers to her stomach.

9 months.

Emma Swan-Jones is 9 months pregnant. As excited as she is to have their baby, she was ready to no longer be pregnant.

Swollen feet, larger than normal stomach, morning sickness, waddling...she is ready to be back to normal.

"Baby girl? I thought we agreed to wait to find out the gender," Killian says, sauntering into the kitchen.

Emma looks up and smiles at him. "We did, just call it...mother's intuition."

"Well, if they are a girl...I'm still rooting for Emma Junior," he says.

"Hmm, and if they are a boy?"

"Killian Junior."

"While I love the names, I don't think members of the Charming family will be fond of them."

"It's our child, not their's," he says.

He bends down a bit and rubs her stomach with his good hand. He rolls up her shirt, and he plants a kiss on her bump.

Emma smiles. Killian has been amazing this whole pregnancy. He has been so supportive, patient and kind to Emma. His happiness about having a child was infectious. He couldn't wait to be a dad.

"Killian, I want this child out," Emma complains.

"Soon, Swan..."

And almost as is Killian had spoke it into existence, Emma felt water trickling down her legs.

"Killian..." she says.

"Hmm?" he had turned his attention to the dishes.

And then...the contractions came.

"OOOOO," Emma bends over, hands on the counter.

"Emma?" he asks, reaching forward to stabilize her.

"Oh....she's...coming..."

"The baby?!?!?"

"YESSSS..AHH!"

Killian without missing a beat, left Emma's side and grabs the bag that had been packed for months in the event that Emma went into labor.

He grabs the keys to the bug. "Remember, in and out, in and out," Killian says reminding Emma of the breathing exercises that they had practiced.

"Heeehoo, heehoo," she began.

Emma grips Killian's hand as they make their way to the car, carefully moving out of the house and down the stairs.

Killian situated Emma in the passenger's seat, throws the baby bag in the back and drives away to the hospital.

He grabs his talking device out of his jacket pocket.

"Heehoo, Heeeheehoo," Emma breathes in an out.

She gave birth to Henry when she was in prison...by herself. This should be a cake walk. But that was a couple years ago, okay many years ago...the pain was unmatched.

She had been punched, literally died, became a dark one, killed Killian, left him in the underworld, but nothing compared to this pain.

"It's time," Killian says into the phone.