The Big Day - Part One

• 2 months later •

Jen reached five months of pregnancy. Her belly is showing more and the wedding is getting closer. She's in her living room, with the stereo on playing You'll Be In My Heart. Jen does this every day, it's her and baby time. She sings along to the music, talks to the baby and this is the sweetest moment of her day. David arrives at Jen's house and watches her talking to her belly, cracks a smile and thanks God he's living through all of this. Jen has her back to him, he approaches and hugs her from behind putting his hand on her stomach and stroking.
David: How are the loves of my life?
Jen: Hey!! We're great, aren't we baby?
David kisses Jen's neck and they feel a movement in Jen's stomach.
Jen: did you feel it?
David: yes he did!! I think you're enjoying the song.
Jen: And I think he liked hearing daddy's voice.
David and Jen don't want to know if the baby is a boy or a girl, they decided for the surprise. David stands in front of Jen and bends down to talk to the baby.
David: hey, hi baby. I still didn't say I love you today right? So I love you even though I haven't even met you yet. You're the biggest gift mom and I ever got...
David looks up to look at Jen who is smiling and stroking his hair. David kisses Jen's stomach and the baby kicks again.
Jen: Baby loves to hear your voice, baby.
David gets back on his feet and kisses Jen.
Jen: It's a little bit to our day...
David: I can't wait! I've dreamed of this day my whole life.
Jen: Me too, honey! I could never be fully happy without you.
David: I love you
Jen: I love you too.

                        ○○○

Days later, Jen is looking for her wedding dress alongside Reese.
Reese: I loved this one!
She says pointing to the notebook screen.
Jen: and I loved this one!
She says showing Reese on the laptop screen.
Reese: They're both beautiful, but the bride is you, so you have to decide!
Jen looks at the two dresses and after much thought, she comes to a conclusion.
Jen: this is it!! It's not too simple and it's not too fancy, it's perfect!
Reese: It's a great choice! She will be the most beautiful bride in the world!
Jen buys the dress and smiles without even realizing it. Jen's happiness is almost palpable, she has a big sparkle in her eyes and smiles all the time.
Reese: Do you already know the shoes you are going to wear?
Jen: I've been thinking what if you and me and the girls used Converse? I have this belly, I don't want to wear high heels.
Reese: I love it!
Jen: So it's decided! What is still missing?
She picks up her notebook, where she has written down everything she needs to do and already checks her dress. The decoration is already all chosen. There are only small details to finish. It's 1 month to the wedding.
Jen: 30 days! I can't believe it...
Reese: I'm so happy and excited. I love you and I know that everything you're living is a dream come true and thank you for choosing me for this very important place.
Jen and Reese hug and tears fall from Jen's eyes.
Jen: I have never been so happy!!!

• THE BIG DAY •

Jen and David haven't seen each other since the day before, they just talked on the phone. They decided to only meet at the time of yes. Jen arrives at Reese's house, she will have a bride's day fit for a queen. Court, Lisa and Andrea were already there.
Reese: Welcome to your big day!!! How are you feeling?
Jen: Thank you so much and I'm a nervous wreck!! I spent the night awake...
Court: It's normal, because... IT'S THE BIG DAY!!!!!!
Court says loudly, eliciting laughter.
Reese: Are you ready to start your wedding day?
Jen: yes I am!!
She says with a firm tone in her voice, but getting emotional. They go into the bedroom where Jen goes to get ready and Jen sees her dress hanging on a hanger in the window and smiles. It's white, has long tulle sleeves embroidered with flowers, doesn't mark the body and makes it very comfortable.
Reese: there is a bathtub waiting for you with salts and rose petals. Go there!!!
Jen enters the bathroom, takes off all her clothes and goes into the tub to relax. The whirlpool is turned on and has soft music in the background. Jen forgets about the world around her and stays there for 20 minutes. She leaves, puts on her wedding robe and goes back to the room that has been all set up for her. There are the girls, Chris, makeup artist and manicurist. Jen sits in the chair in front of the mirror, Chris arrives and hugs Jen by the shoulders.
Chris: I know how much this day is the most special of your life, so I will make you WONDERFUL, more than you already are! I love you and may you be very, very happy with the new family you are starting.
Chris kisses Jen on the cheek and starts arranging her hair. A semi-pinned hairstyle with curls. Reese, who had gone out to check on things, comes back with flowers in his hands.
Reese: I was asked to give you this gift.
She walks over and hands Jen a bouquet of red roses, along with a small letter. Jen sniffs the roses and opens the letter, which says: "Counting every second to our yes, today is the happiest day of my life. I'm the happiest man in the world to have you, for having your love and our baby who is Growing from you Thank you for existing and making my days so happy I love you forever Your future husband David ♡
Jen has tears in her eyes. Today is also the happiest day in her life, she is about to marry her love of life and is pregnant, what more could she want? She looks up with her eyes closed and pats her belly and thanks her.
Jen: Thank you so much God!