nothing

reader is heartbroken after seeing the paparazzi videos of madison and nick

angst

[idea from a dm that i got when i used to regularly update , i tweaked it a lot. i'll most likely write another one for it to be a more fluffy piece later on]

it felt like your heart dropped out of your body. you hadn't even known madison went to hang out with that famous tik tok boy , nick austin , once again. she explained to you that she was going out with some friends , you being the girlfriend you were you hadn't questioned who those friends were exactly. you simply trusted her.

did you put your trust onto the wrong person? now your mentions , tags and dms were flooded with fans and drama pages telling you that madison was cheating , along with sending a link to a paparazzi video. madison gave you no reason to believe she was cheating , the girl was completely and utterly in love with you ... right? the pure look of love in her eyes was enough to tell the whole story. but now? it seemed that she looked at the boy with that same look in her eyes.

deciding to stop beating around the bush you pulled the video up. the video started out innocently enough. the pair was sitting together at dinner , they seemed to be with other people so what she told you wasn't a complete lie. the video suddenly cut and now the two were facing each other , a wide smile was across her face while his arm slung around the back of her chair.

the feelings of your heart being ripped out was heavier than ever. madison looked directly into the camera , throwing a quick peace sign and smiling. "you guys should kiss" the camera man jokingly yelled causing both madison and nick to blush at the thought. madison's head ducked , her head landing on the table for a short second. her smile seemed bigger.

her arm moved around his shoulders and her hand patted his chest , she spoke words you couldn't hear nor could you read her lips. you couldn't go any longer , you shut the video and threw your phone.

"fuck!" you yelled as tears cascaded down your cheeks. you were in complete agony , years of building a relationship down the drain. you wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt but there was no reasonable explanation to the video.

you shook your head and shut yourself off from the world for hours. tears literally wouldn't stop leaving your eyes. you were a mess to say the least. in all that you had fallen asleep. loud knocking at your door woke you up. your body sprung awake and you tried looking for your phone in the dark of your room. even your clock wasn't working so you decided against finding out the time and walked over to your front door , you took a quick second to check through the peephole to see who was there. of course the one and only madison beer , your lovely girlfriend.

she looked like a mess too. her eyes were red and puffy , her hair was disheveled.

"y/n!"

"please answer the door."

"i couldn't find my keys but i rushed over here as fast as i could."

"please."

you listened to her pleas on the other side of the door. you debated on opening the door or not. either giving her the chance to explain whatever bullshit was happening in the video or not.

going against your better judgement you opened the door that she was leaning against causing her to almost fall at the sudden opening. "y/n/n." she mumbled quietly , it wouldn't have even been heard had it not been 12AM , and dead silent. "why are you here?"

seeing her face brought back every emotion. you wanted to be mad at her but you couldn't. you loved the girl. hell you were so in love with her that she could murder someone and you'd go and bury the body for her. you couldn't feel any other emotion other than heartbreak from her actions.

"please."

"i just need to explain."

"explain what exactly? that you're in love with that nick boy? that'd you'd rather be with him than me? that you cheated on me with him already?" madison nearly gasped at the insinuation. she shook her head immediately , reaching for you. "no." you warned and she backed off. your hand held onto the door , making yourself ready to shut the door after you throw her out. "just give me time to explain."

"explain."

"what?"

"i'm giving you time to explain. go."

she inhaled a deep breath and stared at you. "nick is one of my closest friends. i have that type of friendship with him. it'll never go farther and it has never gone farther. i'm just—"

"in love with him."

"no!"

in all honesty the beer woman didn't know how she felt about nick austin. she didn't know if she truly viewed him as only a friend or not. realization hit her , maybe her heart wanted him but her brain wanted you. she knew you were the better choice for her , the safe choice. you two had been together for years. but she didn't want to break your heart then go off to be with nick. but it wasn't fair to either of you.

"yes." she mumbled after a few seconds of thinking. "what?" you were taken aback by her quick addition of the word. it hurt. it hurt knowing that she actually did love him more than you. that at the end of the day she was going to choose nick. that you meant less to her than nick. that you were nothing but the safe choice. "i don't want to lie to you or to myself , i'm in love with nick. it's hard to admit because i love you. i'm just..."

"not in love." you finished off in understanding. you hated to admit it but she was right. everything was so unexpected. one day the two of you were loving each other like two lovestruck teens and the next , she was claiming her love to another. it hurt to say the least. maybe she was feeling this for a while , maybe you hadn't noticed her slowly falling out of love with you. maybe it wasn't so unexpected for her. and you wanted to just let her go but you couldn't , you couldn't accept defeat.

"madison."

"please."

"please don't leave me , i can't—"

"we need to let each other go y/n." but you didn't want to let her go. she was everything to you. but you were nothing to her.

-

A/N
in the course of me not updating madison got a boyfriend and i find that really funny. ALSO the life support tour is ending soon i think , it looks so fun honestly. i wish i could go , but she's not touring anyyyywhere near where i live so that's splendid ! i hope some of y'all are going or went , have a great time ig , i'm jealous but it's fine.

ALSO i was writing a halloween piece and totally forgot about it so i'll probably post it later today ???