best friends sister

the reader thinks madison is cute , her best friends older sister

the reader thinks madison is cute , her best friends older sister. ( i want to note that the reader is a year older than ryder , so 19 )

-

the best part of summer was having all the time in the world. but most of the time you spent it at your best friend , ryder beer's home. it had become a ritual since you two were in elementary school. of course the two of you had absolutely no feelings for each other , other than a friendly maybe even a little bit closer to sibling love.

from a young age you formed a small crush on your best friends sister. you saw something in her that was special. in her heart you knew she was pure. her looks were something else too. her hazel eyes , slightly tanned skin and her brunette head of hair. everything about her just pulled you in. though you formed the crush at a young age you hadn't exactly known how you liked a girl , but you did. and as you got older you realized your true feelings.

"hey who's car is that?" you asked as you pulled into the driveway , ryder sitting in the passenger seat. "she's here already?" he asked as his eyes squinted on the front door. he moved to unbuckle his seatbelt and you followed suit. "who ?" you removed your glasses from your head and put your sun visor up. "mads." he shortly answered and your eyebrows furrowed.

you hadn't actually seen madison in person since she moved out to LA. you slightly kept small tabs on her , mainly just her milestone marks. "come on." ryder rushed you as he stood on the outside of your car , his car door still open.

"okay okay." you mumbled and got out of the car and locked it behind you. ryder waited at the front of the car while you went to grab your bag of belongings. the two of you walked up to the front door and ryder pulled his keys out and opened the large door.

as soon as you entered the home you placed your bag on the couch and saw that familiar figure of the girl you fell for at a young age. she sat on the chair that faced the island , her back toward you and ryder. "mads!" ryder cheered and hugged his sister from behind.

-

"hey y/n." madison mumbled as you walked into the kitchen late at night , days later. "hey mads." you smiled , leaning against the counter.

"so i guess this is our ritual huh?" madison laughed lightly and you walked over to the refrigerator. "yeah i guess so." you turned back to her to smile. it was the fourth time since you'd been there that the two of you were in the kitchen at late hours of the night. most nights the two of you had small conversations , catching up for the years of not talking. not that you did much before.

"so what have you been doing since you graduated ?" madison asked , moving her hand to rest under her chin. you closed the fridge door and turned back to her , a glass of water in your hand. "i've just been trying to decide what i want to do with life." you admitted as you pulled a chair closer to you , placing your cup into the counter.

"yeah that's a rough thing to choose." she mumbled and you nodded. "i'm actually thinking of moving up to LA."

"really ?" madison's eyes has grown significantly and you nodded with a smile. it was something you were going back and forth on for months. "so what would you do in LA ?l"

"well i have this friend that lives there and we're thinking of starting a clothing brand or something." you explained and madison seemed truly interested in what you were saying. "you know if you need somewhere to stay i've got an extra bedroom in my house." madison added and your eyebrows raised. "you'd let me move in with you ?" you tried to not let it show how excited you actually were that she even mentioned the idea of you living with her.

"you're basically my sister y/n." madison mumbled. "of course i'd let you move in with me." you felt something in you break. maybe it was because she basically said you were family to her. madison had realized your change in mood but chose not to speak on it , in an effort to make you not uncomfortable. you decided on keeping your emotions inside and you nodded. "yeah , well i'm getting more tried now. i think i'm gonna go back to bed." you mentioned.

-

you kept even more distance between you and madison. hardly making an effort to talk to her , unless of course she talked to you first. she had noticed it. and that's why she made her way to your room at the depths of the night.

madison lifted her fist to knock on your temporary bedroom. "come in." you softly mumbled , but still loud enough to hear in the basically silent house. her hand opened your unlocked door , she stepped in and stood awkwardly after closing the door. you turned over and stared right at madison. fuck. you fully sat up and turned the bedside light on.

"sorry were you sleeping?" she asked in a small whisper , approaching your bed. you shook your head quickly. "i was staring at the blank wall for way longer than i should have." you smiled and madison let a small laugh out. "you can sit on the bed." you mumbled and slapped the side of the bed next to you and she sat on top of the covers.

"have you been ignoring me?" she blurted our and you knew this conversation was coming. "yes." you decided on just simply telling her the truth. "why?"

a small chuckle left your mouth. "this is probably gonna make you uncomfortable. i've had a crush on you since we were young." you bit the inside of your cheek and madison slowly nodded. "is it bad to say i feel the same?" she asked and you almost sprung out of the bed.

"what?"

"y/n/n it was weird. but i mean i've always found you attractive. but you were almost three years younger than me-"

"it's two." you corrected and madison rolled her eyes at your comment. "yeah. plus you're ryders best friend. it just felt wrong." she explained and you understood everything she was saying. "but why didn't you say something sooner ?" she asked and you turned forward , looking away from her.

"well last time we were in the kitchen you called me and i quote 'basically my sister' i felt weird. and i needed to get rid of the crush on you." you explained and madison's jaw fell open. "oh shit." she cursed , covering her mouth. "i-"

"don't apologize." you held your hand up. a smile cracked on your face and things were obviously different. there was tension in the air , obviously the good type. "so are you gonna kiss me. or are we gonna act like this never happened." all of a sudden you felt bold. madison smirked at you and raised her eyebrows.

"i think i'll take the kiss."