Chapter 22

IRENE'S POV

Still sitting on the couch tied up with nothing else on my mind, I decided to close my eyes and to let the time pass. I've already failed at saving Y/n. So what else might happen next?

Sighing of such sadness, I heard the front door being opened up. Quickly, opening up my eyes I saw Taeil and Yuta! Thank God!
"Guys... a little help here..." I said trying to wiggle myself free from the rope.
"Oh... what the hell happened, Irene?" Taeil said with such curiosity but with shock to it as well.
"Y/n... got kidnapped..." I answered with my head hanging low as I was finally cut free from the rope.

"Y/n GOT WHAT?" Yuta yelled having his hands covering his mouth. I nodded slowly.
"Okay, whoever took her, I'll deal with those bastards! I've had to rescue her that one day when she was in the alley after being assaulted and harassed! And now this?"
I could tell that Yuta was so infuriated. "Who were the fuckers that kidnapped my girlfriend, Irene?"

Fidgeting with my fingers, I looked up at him and answered, "These two girls... but I'm positive that I've seen them before..."
Pacing the floor and groaning poor Yuta was so worried.
"I should've been here with you two! Then none of this would've happened!"
The older boy came by Yuta and patted his back to calm him down.
"It's not your fault, Yuta... we'll find Y/n pretty soon."

I felt so hopeless... I don't even know how we would EVER get Y/n back... all because I couldn't protect her... she deserves to be with Yuta... maybe at the most part live with him!
"You know what, let's take Irene back to our place so she could be safe there while we figure out how to find and rescue Y/n." Taeil points out as all of us agreed to what he said.

While driving back to his place, I sat in the passenger seat while Yuta was sitting in the back, and of course, Taeil was driving.
Several minutes passed by as we all didn't say a single word. Then, I suddenly started crying.
Having his right hand holding onto my left hand, Taeil massaged it as he kept telling me that everything's gonna be okay.
"Don't worry, Irene... we'll find Y/n pretty soon... I promise."
Sniffing up my sobs I used my free hand to wipe away the tears. "I- I trust you... I really really d-do..."

Finally making it over to his place, we all got out of the car and headed inside.
"Irene, you can sit here on the couch, I'll give you something to drink." Taeil offers while he heads to the kitchen. Sitting down on the couch, Yuta also sat next to me and gave me a hug.
"I'm so sorry, Irene... I should've been there with you two..."
Also giving him a hug back, I comforted him.
"It's not your fault... remember that..."
Then the boy looked up as I saw tears forming in his eyes. And to be honest... this is the first time I've ever seen Yuta cry. Damn... Y/n really means that much to him... my heart became so soft and sensitive for him.

"Okay, Irene... I got you some water. Here you go." Taeil handed me the cup of iced water as I drank little by little.
"Thank you so much. You both are such great friends!" I stated while getting teared up again.
"Well, don't thank us yet until we get Y/n back." The older one said sitting right beside me too which makes me be in the middle.

"Oh, I wonder what Haechan and Mark are doing... they're so quiet... that's not like them unless they've already gone to sleep..." Taeil suddenly spoke out as he got up to head to their room.
As he heads up there, Yuta and I began to talk about Y/n and all the things we have went through with her. It was pretty nice talking to him but yet there still felt that dreadful loneliness that was between us... not having our beautiful Y/n here with us...