Tragic- Cheater

"You never loved me! I should've known!" I yelled at both of them as they quickly stopped eating each other's faces.

"I-It's not what it looks like?" He stuttered, a questioning tone in his voice from the shock of getting caught.

"Go shove a pineapple up your ass! BOTH OF YOU!" I shouted at them as I threw a pillow at his face before storming out of the party.

I ran all the way down the street, crying my eyes out. We dated for two years and he just threw it away. I had gone to that party to surprise him after I had been away on a family vacation for a week.

I collapsed on the curb, tears blurring my vision, my sobs filling the silence.

After awhile of crying, I felt a presence next to me. When I looked up, I saw it was my now ex-boyfriends brother. They looked a lot alike so when I saw him I burst into tears again. This could not get any worse.

He sat down next to me and pulled me into a hug. I quickly wrapped my arms around him and cried into his chest. I was always very close with him; he was always willing to listen to me.

He rubbed my back and just held me. He didn't say anything, he just comforted me.

When I finally calmed down, I pulled away from his warm embrace and looked into his eyes.

He stared right back and then spoke the words I needed to hear.

"My brother is a huge jerk, you deserve better. I'll be there for you, always. Okay? And I mean it." That was all I needed to hear from him. He didn't say 'it'll get better' or 'it's okay'. He was just there. And that's all I needed.

//edited July 2019