Chapter 10

The next morning the tension was still high from yesterday

The next morning the tension was still high from yesterday. I, for one, was over it. I expected such treatment and was prepared for it the moment I stepped inside. However, my brothers and father were not as okay with it as I was, a fact made painfully clear with the backhanded insults and glares thrown across the table at meals.

While today was a rather chill day, with my father and eldest brothers off to 'work' and Aaron, Adam, and Nathan out doing whatever idiots do, I was home alone. Kyle told me to spend a little time alone and explore the house and settle in a bit; the exact opposite of what I wanted to do. So, I took the opportunity to finish some paperwork that I had piling up, and work more on a new design I had for a gun.

After spending a few hours on my laptop just filing through documents, and analyzing our annual profit of both sides of my businesses, I had to go to my office to get the files I needed and virtually attend a few meetings with shareholders and whatnot.

Which meant, horror of all horrors, I had to get dressed and out of the comfy pajamas I finally got to kick in since my family was gone.

After Mike died, the social workers put me in Foster Care since my family decided to believe a crazy old woman over me. But I, being my incredibly lucky self, got adopted within a month of me being there. Which was great and all, if they weren't a bunch of psychopathic, revenge filled gang members.

I have no clue why, but batshit crazy old people really just have something against me.

Anyway, my time with them wasn't really rainbows and sunshine- I know, unbelievable, am I right? -but more like blood and violence and all sorts of fun stuff.

However, as entertaining as a trip down a very bloody memory lane would be, I needed to look like the big boss lady I was so I could get my ass to work.

I walked into the admittedly very nice closet and picked out a good-looking, professional outfit, and paired it with my signature pumps, which although slightly hard to walk in, were powerful and useful if I needed to stab someone. (It's slightly surprising how many times it's happened.)

Here is the outfit I'm imaging, you're welcome to imagine something else or comment an outfit you like better :)