16

!! struggling to eat us mentioned in this chapter!!

jisung wakes up  suddenly, every thought in high definition. his eyes take in every corner of the room, desperately trying to piece up the bits and pieces of a fractured story that didn't quite add up. unusually, there were hammering sounds that drilled his head, a loud ad shrill ringing pierced through his ear drums , making him shut his eyes as a reflex to the immense amount of pain.

 unusually, there were hammering sounds that drilled his head, a loud ad shrill ringing pierced through his ear drums , making him shut his eyes as a reflex to the immense amount of pain

propped on both of his elbows, he crawled out of bed. fortunately, the bruises on his legs have faded away slightly, blending in with his warm honey skin. however, the remnants of the harsh beating were still visible, rescuing to a few splotches of purple and blue.

" jisung? "

minho called out, making the younger instantly stop in his tracks.

" yes hyung? "
jisung managed to swallow the stutter that threatened to break free from the confinement of his throat. he clenched his fists ever so slightly before mastering every ounce of courage he had left in his body, turning around to face minho.

being jisung's hyung, minho always tried to be the strongest of the two of them. he rarely cried, and if he ever did, he made sure no one was around to witness his breakdown.

a cry can be enough to wash away the self delusions, and when hearts are open, it can wash away the delusions of others too. in gentle times a cry brings the cavalry, attention and love. however , in Minho's case, the days of sharp knives it brought more pain and isolation, and so he was quite sure that the cries are of the desperatein pain that keeps on slicing deeper.

jisung had never seen minho cry, let alone shed any tears. however, he was met with a teary-eyed minho who had disheveled hair and half lidded eyes. Minho's breath got caught in his throat, making him choke out a whimper that he tried to suppress.

" j-jisung... i thought i would... i don't know.. " minho shook his head, dismissing his own thoughts. he took a deep breath before continuing. " i just miss you! so glad that you're back... "
awkward chuckles filled the room, both of them unsure of how to reply.

just as jisung was about to reply , Minho's stomach decided to interrupt his train of thoughts. a grumbling sound bounced off the walls. he could've sworn he say Minho's face scrunch up from the abdominal pain. surely, his hyung must have been skipping his meals! the loud grumble of gastric juice washing against his stomach walls seemed to have answered and confirmed his speculations.

jisung shuffled his feet, hesitantly waddling over to minho. his hyung would have cooed at the sight of his effortless cuteness, but refrained from doing so due to the tensed environment. slowly but surely, jisung's arms found their way to Minho's waist. he wrapped his arms around the elder's torso securely, trying his best to rock the both of them back and forth.

jisung couldn't bare to look at Minho's heart broken state, gluing his eyes Minho's shirt instead

jisung couldn't bare to look at Minho's heart broken state, gluing his eyes Minho's shirt instead. growing meow comfortable in the familiar embrace, jisung leaned his head forward and buried his face in Minho's chest. he leaned against the taller, trying his best not to let hot tears escape from the corner of his eyes.

his tears did the exact opposite of what was intended. jisung would say that he had sobbed quite elegantly, almost like in the movies where the protagonist would always appear picture perfect even after having such an immense breakdown.however, jisung had snot and tears running down his face, the product of his misery and isolation staining Minho's shirt. he let himself be comforted silently by the older as well, his body leaning into Minho's inviting touches.

honestly, he felt more than bad for destroying the elder's shirt, but he was too cooped up in his blues to stop. minho seemed to have read his mind, and finally spoke.

" don't worry jisung, it's just a shirt okay? can you lift up your head so i can look at your pretty face? "

" you're obviously prettier. "

" noo.. you are! "

" wait what? sorry i can't hear you over how pretty you are. "
their hugs were just like duvets and the human shields. in that suffocating but comforting hug,wielded moments of togetherness, where they were at the centre of their own divine vortex.

a light, genuine chuckle left both boy's mouth, making the both of them relax a little.
" i m-missed you so much... "
Minho's voice cracked, biting on his bottom lip to stop more tears from escaping his eyes.

" m-me too... "

" hyung, can we go eat something? i want to try... the new ramen place... "
jisung partially lied. he did have a pack of gummy worms from Felix's candy stash that kept his stomach partially filled. however, the thought of springy noodles drenched in warm soup definitely made his stomach grumbled in agreement.

as we all know, Minho's eyes were certainly not small, but rather big and rounded. however, the way Minho's eyes widened was indeed comical, if we were to set aside the look of pure terror decorated on his facial features. Minho's grip of jisung's waist gradually loosen, until they were completely detached from the younger.

" minho... are you okay? "
jisung dropped the honorific in panic, mind clouded with concern for his Hyung.

" jisung-ah ... I can't bring myself to eat.. I'm sorry im supposed to act more like a Hyung to you my dongsaeng.. "

" hyung ... it's okay. you don't always have to be strong okay? i'll eat with you minho hyung. you don't have to eat a lot okay? just maybe.. a little hahah. "
jisung made minho smile when he used frantic hand gestures to imitate the significant actions.

" o-okay sungs.. but no promises okay? "

LOVE LUVS :  thank you for reading ~ i appreciate all the love >3< ++ super grateful for being patient with the updates :) <3 lots of love 4 u!

i appreciate all the love >3< ++ super grateful for being patient with the updates :)
<3 lots of love 4 u!