Chapter-4

Namjoon's pov

I felt the sun ray's fall on me through my window. I slowly opened my eyes. I rubbed my eyes before sitting up straight and leaning against the headboard. I heard the birds chirping outside, melodiously. I inhaled the fresh air and then stretched myself. I looked at the clock and saw the time. It was seven' o clock. I took my phone in my hands and saw my notifications. I saw a few texts from Jina and a missed call.

I got panicked after seeing a missed call from her.

What if something happened? Did the plane crash? Did she get kidnapped? Did she-

My thoughts were interrupted by a phone call. I looked at the caller ID and saw that it was her. I answered the call and asked, "Jina, are you okay? Did something happen? Are-"

"Hey, hey, calm down, Joonie." She said, slowly. I breathed in and out to calm down myself.

"Did you land safely?" I asked.

"Yep! Reached the States safe and sound."

"So, got a place to stay?"

"Yep! I'm staying with a roommate."

"You're safe, right?" I asked, concerned.

"Yes, sir. I'm safe. I'm really safe."

"It's good to hear."

"Did-"

"Good Morning, Jina!" I heard someone with an American accent wish her. It sounded more like a guy. I felt my blood boil again.

"Good Morning, John!" She wished back with her sweet American accent.

John?! Is her roommate a guy!?

"I made dinner and thought you could join me." The guy, John said.

"Yeah, I'll join you in a few minutes. I'm on a call with my friend at the moment."

"Oh, I'm really sorry for interrupting. You can get back to talking with your friend."

"No, it's totally fine." I could feel her smiling.

"Okay then. I'll be waiting for you in the dining room. Better come soon or the food will become cold soon."

"I will."

"Jina..." I called out her name.

"Oh, sorry, Joonie. My roommate had called me over for dinner."

"Your roommate is a guy!"

"Umm... yes. What's wrong in that?"

Of course, there's something wrong! How could you have a guy roommate! What if he tries to touch you? What if he tries to do something to you?

"Joonie, you there??"

"Huh? Uh-yeah, yeah. I'm there."

"Alright, gotta go eat now. I'm so hungry."

"Oh, then please go eat. Health comes first."

"Yeah! You too, eat well."

"Yeah, I sure will, ma'am. And... take care of yourself."

"I will..." Silence fell. "Then... bye?"

"Umm... yeah, I guess."

"Joonie, you alright? Is something going on?"

"Uh-n-no."

"You don't sound good, though."

"Umm... that guy roommate-"