001. evan rosier

THE HADES EFFECT.
CHAPTER ONE.
" and now i have a very clear picture of the giant squid's privates, thank you for that scarring picture "
.     .     .     .

ADAM CAME FIRST. EVE CAME SECOND. DESTRUCTION CAME THIRD.

Yet in this wonderful, thrilling tale, Eve came first, destruction came with her and Adam fell on his knees, begging for redemption.

Eve Edinburgh sat by her window, holding a rose in her hands, a rose she was meant to give her sick grandmother, who lay in the next room, yet she stared at it, staring more specifically at the thorns. With one swift movement, she pressed her soft skin against the sharp thorn, emitting a little hiss of pain from her and she watched as her blood trailed down her pale arm in a straight line and she smiled a little, using her baby blue handkerchief to wipe the dark blood away. She was an odd girl to most, a girl with long pale legs, a hallowed out heart, a smile so sickly sweet and brilliant blue eyes that could trap you forever. Her features weren't why people considered her the devil, it was her mannerisms.

The Edinburgh family were firm believers in God, as rosaries and golden crosses scattered around the hallways and walls of the empty Manor. Which is why they frowned upon Eve's belief in Greek Mythology.

Eve believed in Greek Mythology because she could actually see the works of the Gods and Goddesses all around her everyday; mother nature was the embodiment of Mother Gaia, Hephaestus gave them fire to forge weapons and Artemis provided them with trees to craft their wands. She believed firmly in Hades and Persephone as well, praying to them every night, only because she could feel an angry hum of dark magic in her heart and it scared her ━ and because she wants her family to stop doing all the torturous rituals to try and suppress her demon.

The door opened suddenly and Eve quickly stuffed her handkerchief in her bodice, opting to look out the window in case the person was her mother or father. She's never been close to them, they floated around her like ghosts and if someone ever asked her what her father's favorite color was, she'd never have an answer for the person.

"Have you hurt yourself again?" Eve stopped breathing, fearful it might be wrong in the prestine eyes of her mother and she only continued to stare outside, hoping that the prick had healed up.

"No." She answered, eyes burning and she took a small breath in before facing her mother's enraged face. She wore a lovely periwinkle dress today, with white lace gloves and shiny pearls to match. Eve always wondered why Primrose Chaloux could ever marry someone as rottingly vile as Richard Edinburgh.

"Ma chérie, what did your father and I say?" Primrose raised a perfectly sculpted eyebrow, blue eyes watching her daughter carefully and she could see the dark blood pool around her blue dress. Her left eye twitched.

"Maman, I know what you said."

"Then why do you lie?" Her mother has long lost her beautiful French accent, it was only mostly prominent when she was angry or she swore in French. Eve actually admired that about her, her accent, as she didn't have one.

"I'm not lying." Eve lied right through her pearly whites, not blinking as she stared at her mother.

"Evelyn, I can see the blood on your dress. It is not you who buys these garments for you." Primrose scoffed. "Change into something else, we're leaving in ten minutes."