Chapter 2:

Chapter 2:
"I love you too Peeta Mellark, more than you'll ever know," I plant a quick kiss upon his cheek than takes a seat at the kitchen table. Some of the candles have already burned away. Peeta pours me a glass of red wine but I quickly push it away from me not interested. Instead, I stick with the simple glass of cold water with ice.
Peeta doesn't question my actions, to my amazement, so I just move on. My mouth has been watering at the delicious smell, so I cut a piece of the lamb for myself and put it in my mouth. Only I didn't cut the piece small enough to chew and I begin choking.
I try to speak in order to grab his attention but I'm unsuccessful. "Do you like the lamb honey?" Peeta asks me, looking down at his own plate. When I don't answer him back, he glances up and sees me choking. His eyes go wide at once, getting to his feet in a hurry. "Katniss!"
Peeta immediately stands
behind me, hitting my chest repeatedly and eventually the piece of lamb becomes lose enough for me to spit it out. Of course Buttercup eats it. I begin to gasp badly for air, my legs shaking because of the terrifying experience. "Thank...you," I say in between gasps but I really can't breathe.
I wrap my arm around his shoulders weakly and he leads me into the living room, where he lays me down on our couch. "Just breathe...please I'm begging you," Peeta very gently places the oxygen mask over my mouth and nose. I use it sometimes when my asthma becomes unbearable, usually after a horrible nightmare or when I catch a cold.
But the mask isn't enough to help me. Not enough oxygen is reaching my lungs. Both of my eyes close and I lose consciousness, my right hand resting on top of my abdomen.
(To Be Continued)
(Written by @HopeMockingjay_)