be happy and don't think about me

I'm finally writing my last letter to you. I think that you're finally happy. Your days are probably filled with laughter and smiles and butterflies which I killed when I left. I admit that I'm bothered that you've finally moved on when I'm still in the middle of an existential crisis but on the other hand, it makes me really happy. You're not alone anymore. Someone will listen to your childhood stories and laugh at your corny jokes. Someone will play with you in the arcades and travel with you wherever you want. All those things that you wanted to do with me will be done with someone else. I know that I've said sorry so many times but I still want to say sorry for the last time. Sorry because I left you like that. Sorry if you only experienced lame dates with me. Sorry if we were not able to watch a movie for the last time. Sorry if I did not hug you long enough, I would have if only I knew that it's going to be the last time. Sorry for making you cry. Sorry for the pain I have caused you. Sorry if I ruined the future you dreamt for us because I had a plan of my own that did not include you. Sorry because the only thing I can do now is to say sorry and feel forever sorry for us. I loved you. You might not believe me but I really did love you. You are one of my favorite books. I might read you from time to time although I already know the ending. But it's okay. It's probably the best for us to part anyways. So take care of yourself and be the happiest person that you can be. Also, take her to the moon for me. Someday, we'll probably see each other again and I hope that you'll be able to think of the happy memories instead of the sad ones. And although I don't have the right to be proud of the person you'll become, I think I would not be able to keep myself from doing so. Now, it's time to finally say goodbye. I sincerely wish you the best. From now on, smile and laugh more often. Enjoy the things you weren't able to do so just because you're afraid of disappointing me. I'll try my best to take care of myself so you wouldn't need to think and worry about me anymore. And I sincerely pray to God that you will be the last lover that will turn into a stranger.