A Cry For Help

"Did I lose Josie for good?" Hope said as the tears continued to slide down her cheek. She took the white rose and looked at it, spinning it between her thumb and index finger before placing it off to the side.

Then she took the wet book in her hand. It was thinner then before. Hope thought half of the pages got destroyed, and when she opened it, they were all stuck together. Hope shut her eyes tightly thinking about how she was out clearing her heard, Josie was still looking for the book. How long did it take her, Hope wouldn't know. But one thing she did, if Josie wouldn't have found it, she'd still be out searching in the dark.

Gently tossing the book back onto the desk, Hope couldn't react the way she wanted. Her body was heavy and the urge to slam her hands on the desk and knock everything off of it was none existent. She didn't feel panic or shock. There's just a sense of defeat. That is it.

She thought it was weird. The first time when Josie left Hope was panicking and sobbing, hurting. Now even with the many tears falling she wasn't feeling like her world was crumbling, hurt.

"I-I'm gonna go upstair, I just want to be alone" Hope softly spoke and walked past Lizzie, and out of the room.

Hope felt as though her legs weighed a ton, and each step felt slower than the last. Walking up the stairs, and down the hall, it all felt like everything was stretching out of her reach and all she could do was move forward, trapped in an endless hall of darkness. Her thoughts where blank, and when she finally reached the door, again it felt like it was trying to get away from her.

She lifted up her arm and was ready to slam her fist to the door but before her fist made contacts with the wood she stopped. With just a few inches of space between the side of her fist and the door, Hope pressed her palm and her forehead to the door. The cold wood felt fresh on her skin, but it wasn't enough to cool the frustration and sadness.

She let a few sobs escape her lips and panted out a few breaths as quietly as she could. Her hand unconsciously reached down to the door knob and twisted it before gently pushing it open. She didn't mean to open the door, she wasn't ready to see the emptiness she once saw the first time.

But when the door slowly open hopes body moved forward almost on its own. The room was fairly dark, and the only things giving it light was the fireplace burning and snapping of wood could be heard.

And laying down on the floor curled into a ball sleeping. Josie.

Slowly and cautiously, hope made her way to her girlfriend, noticing a few pieces of paper, and another sketchbook by her side. Kneeling down she took one of the papers that were laid separately on the floor, feeling the wet and delicate piece in her finger tips, hope didn't dare do anything that would cause the paper to rip.

The words were still legable, barley. She then picked up the new sketchbook and saw the same words. Josie had rewritten the pages as best she could. When she turned around, examining the area more, she saw more papers. Some where already dry, others where ripped and some where barley holding onto the graphite.

She took the book once more taking it in . Josie had re-written whatever she could and even tried to copy the little doodles hope would draw when she was lost in thought. Hope flipped through the pages and sure enough, everything was written perfectly, even though the pages weren't in order, she didn't care.

She saw the last page with her question written down.

Things I want to know more about Josie

1: What makes Josie Happy?

-Hope Mikaelson makes me the happiest. The intimacy we share. People think that intimacy is about sex. But intimacy is about truth. When you realize you can tell someone your truth, when you can show yourself to them, when you stand in front of them bare and their response is 'you're safe with me'.