Chapter 5

Leaves rustling

Glasses clinking

The scent of freshly cooked perch

I drew near Wanmin Restaurant, a small line of customers stood outside of the building. They appeared Liyuean, the tourists from Sumeru must be exploring, looking for ancient relics. 

I stood at the back of the line with Hu Tao at my side.  After about ten minutes, I was now at the front.

"Mr. Zhongli, Director Hu Tao! What can I do for you today?" Mao asked, holding out the menu.

"I think I'll have an order of crystal shrimp, Hu Tao what would you like?"

"Can I get golden crab?" She looked up at me, I nodded and turned my head back to Mao.

"Crystal shrimp and golden crap coming right up!"

Hu Tao and I found a small table near Mao's restaurant and sat down. 

"I heard that you are trying to get a better polearm, that is understandable. You've finished your training so you should have something better than that Beginner's Protector you have. If you would like, we can browse some weapons at this small shop near Mt. Hulao. The weapons will be quite expensive but you deserve a new one." I said, my eyes locking with hers.

"Really?" Hu Tao's face had lit up, excited knowing that she will finally get a new polearm. 

"I'll take you there later today if you have the time."

"Thank you Mr. Zhongli!"

I heard Mao voice calling to us, our food was ready. I stood, walking back to Wanmin Restaurant. I handed the man 6000 mora and took the dishes. I set them on the table and sat back down in my chair. Hu Tao immediately dug into her golden crab.

"Hungry?" I chuckled a bit, "Don't eat too quickly, you'll give yourself a stomach ache."

"I was starving!" She  exclaimed.

I smiled a bit, I'm glad that I could get Hu Tao out of work for a good lunch. Being inside doing paperwork all day quite clearly affected her.

                            . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Hu Tao and I were making our way towards Mt. Hulao. The sun was beating down on us, the trees didn't give us enough cover. I could see Hu Tao walking sluggishly, she was moving slowl and appeared to be sweating. I wish I would've brought a watter bottle. 

"The weapon shop should be pretty close now." I said quietly.

"That's what you said ten minutes ago."

I sighed, looking up I saw a piece of cor lapis sticking out of a rock. We really were close this time. We had reached Mt. Hulao. I stuck out my hand and left my fingers graze against the smooth stone face of Mt. Hulao. Cor lapis stuck out of the stone a few feet above my head. 

I led Hu Tao up a dirt path that lead us just next to the mountain. A small building sat underneath a cor lapis outcrop. I opened the door and stepped inside. An old man sat behind the counter. I had been here only one other time, around forty years ago. I had accompanied a young man who was looking to buy a claymore. He had chosen a Rainslasher. 

Hu Tao and I eventually found the polearm section. Walking through the isle, I saw many types of polearms. White Tassel, Blackcliff Pole, Dragon's Bane, Deathmatch, Prototype Starglitter, Crescent Pike, etc., Hu Tao wasn't looking at any of these though. She had her eyes on a long black and gold polearm with an orange and red head. I glanced at the label, it read: "Staff Of Homa". 

"I want this one Mr. Zhongli," Hu Tao said, not taking her eyes off of the Staff Of Homa. 

I took a look at the price tag. 80000 mora, I nearly fainted. I opened my wallet to see how much I had, 90000. I had been saving my mora instead of spending too much. I don't like it when others have to pay for my food or anything I need, really. This is why I've been saving my mora but am I really going to blow all of it for a fancy polearm?

                                     . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

Hu Tao skipped out of the weapon store with the Staff Of Homa in her hand. I stared at my nearly empty wallet, sighing. 

The girl was twirling her new polearm, running around and pretending to slash things with it. 

When we had passed Mt. Hulao, I began to hear footsteps that weren't mine nor Hu Tao's. I whipped around and came face-to-face with an abyss mage. The mage was leading a large group of hilichurls.

The hilichurls jumped towarfs us, Hu Tao let out a yell of surprise and dashed toward the nearest hilichurl. Her new polearm alight with fire, she swiped it across the hilichurl. She slashed and jabbed at the small beast. The abyss mage was throwing it's ice shards toward me, I ducked and hit it with the head of my Vortex Vanquisher. Hu Tao continued swinging at the hilichurls, lighting their shields ablaze. 

After a little while longer of fighting, the hilichurls and abyss mage were on the ground. I looked at Hu Tao. She was grinning widely at the Staff Of Homa. 

"I love this!" She jumped up and down, thrilled that her new polearm worked so well. 

I grinned, happy that she was satisfied with her not so cheap weapon. 

We continued our trek back to Liyue Harbor. By now the sun was nearly below the horizon, it was late. I'm tired, I just had a long day of spending money but at least Hu Tao was happy.