Chapter 7

I visited Liuli Pavilion the next day. Childe had brought another, a girl who goes by the name of Lumine and her floating pet. We discussed the items I need for the Rite Of Parting, Lumine told me that she wished to see Rex Lapis and was disheartened when he died. 

Childe gave the two of us a big bag of mora, we were to buy everything we needed with it. Lumine helped me with the shopping. Without her there, I probably would've spent everything. After shopping all day and nearly getting ourselves in trouble with shop owners, I decides that it would be nice if I were to treat Lumine to dinner. We went to Third-Round Knockout, a nice restaurant with food nearly as good as food from Wanmin Restaurant. There's a man who works at Third-Round who tells stories to customers all day long. I enjoy sitting at a table when he talks about Rex Lapis to listen to him tell my tale, even if it isn't completely accurate. 

I ordered a bowl of Bamboo Shoot Soup, Lumine ordered Qingce Stir Fry. 

"... And as Lady Ningguang sends her research papers into the sky..." 

I hear the storyteller speak behind me. He is describing how the Tianquan of Liyue would shred the research papers her assistants bring and blow them out of a window in the Jade Chamber when she no longer had any use for them. Lumine and I are now finished eating, we listen to stories in silence. Paimon, her floating pet, had a big mouth and won't stop talking. 

Suddenly, Lumine looks up. I turn my head to see what she is looking at and then I see it. Ganyu, the emissary of the Liyue Qixing is addressing Lumine.

"Lady Ningguang asks to meet you at the Jade Chamber." She says.

Lumine looks stunned. 

"Go to the Jade Chamber, I'm sure whatever the Tianquan wants is important. Please, after you see her, meet me at Dihua Marsh." I say to the girl as I leave. 

I head back to Wangsheng Funeral Parlor. Entering, I see Hu Tao, asleep at her desk. It is very late. She looks so peaceful. Then I am struck by the grave realization that, one day, Hu Tao will leave me too. I am immortal, she is not. I can only hope that her death is not anytime soon. I pick up the girl and take her to her bedroom. I lay her on the bed then leave. I don't want these thoughts but they relentlessly attack me. I am scared. Everyone I become close to dies eventually. I'm not ready for the day I'll have to part with Hu Tao. She is family, I am like a father to her. I leave the funeral parlor and go back to my own home. 

                  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I awake the next day and begin my trek to Dihua Marsh. 

I arrive, sitting in a patch of grass and dandelions. I wait for hours, I know Lumine will be here and I want to be first. That is why I came so early. At around 17:00, she arrives.

I inform her that we need to collect glaze lilies, the last thing we need for the Rite. 

"So we just need to pick them?" Lumine asks.

"Not just picks them, plants seem to have minds. If we sing to them, they will be more fragrant. The more fragrant the better."