2 || Hostage and Desperation

With the application form already filled out and submitted, you receive your Trainee's ID. You look at it, in awe at the details already laminated into the card. Did Almond fill all these? How did he know?

You realized that, asking that question was stupid. He wouldn't be the head detective if he wasn't proficient in his field, now would he?

Almond now gives you your first task.

" Gather enough information for a possible mindset analysis for the regulars," he had said to you before you left.

" 'Regulars, sir?' " You look up at him, an inquisitive look on your face.

he smirks, but it was gone before you could think more about it. "Problematic wizards who get apprehended by the department, on a regular basis." He sighs, stressfully, "Too regular..." He regains his composure, "I have a case to finish and if it goes smoothly, which it probably won't, " he managed with a sigh, "you will see me back in the office before lunch. Go."

-

You ask the front desk the directions to the archives, and make your way there. You take the opposite turn the woman had lead you this morning and see the open stairs and go down, there was a door there open and a man at the desk. You enter sheepishly, "Excuse me?"

The man looks up from his monitor, eyeing you up and down. It seems that everyone here does that. "What's your business here?" He asked, harshly.

"I am a trainee under Detective Almond, I'm here to complete a task he gave."

"Mhmmm..." He managed, "What's your name?"

"Uh, (F/n), (L/n)." You managed.

The man types in the computer, quietly. After a moment, he looks up at you with a bored expression. "You are in the official list of newbies this year, head on in. "

"Thank you," you say then move, but he started to speak, and look at you with an eyebrow raised.

"Trainee under Head Detective Almond, huh?" The archivist managed without a glance to you. "You must be really special, then."

"Pardon?"

" Some rules, newbie. One, no magic in the archives, no fire or ignition sources like cigarettes, lighters you get the idea. Two, put back the files you are done with back to where you took them. Three, permission is absolutely, no exceptions, required from me in order to copy, take a picture or bring home a set of documents, choose wisely. last but not the least, be quiet. Additionally, there is a board over there," He points without looking, as he already knew the direction he needed to point in. Your eyes follow where he points, seeing a bulletin board with papers pinned on it. "On that board is the complete list of files we have, including the aisle they are in, and their file number for your convenience."

You nod, noting down the aversion to your confrontation. "Understood."

"Mhmmm..." He managed. He didn't pay attention to you anymore than he needed. You walk into the archives, and towards the bulletin. You bring out your notepad and begin to take note of the file names and aisles they were on, for later reference.

-

You have spent your entire morning in gathering useable information on the 'Regulars'. You have dug deep on their backgrounds, possible experiences that served as a turning point in their lives, and of course their already pre-existing mindset. You also did a quick note on their backgrounds.

You make your way back to the office, where you see the same woman standing there and checking her watch impatiently. When she finally saw you, she frowns, hands on her waist. "You've certainly taken your sweet time." She huffs.