11 || Eyes Wide Open

You both pause, lips parting and eyes opening wide. You both stare at each other, processing what just happened between the both of you. You and almond pant and gasp for air, his being more prominent. You could feel his chest rising and lowering against your own. The doorbell ringing for a second time however, brought you both out of it.

"I wasn't expecting anybody but you," Almond huffs. His cheeks were flushed in red, eyes scanning your expression. The doorbell rang again. His hands were still on your bodice, and yours' on his chest.

"Well," You look at the time, the wall clock above another door clear in its time.

Almond follows your gaze. "Walnut's class ends at 4 PM. It's still 2."

You get off of Almond's lap with a shy and flustered smile, "R-Right, you should answer the door,"

Almond nods as he clears his throat and straightened his polo, but it did little to fix the wrinkles in his clothes. Your eyes are glued to him, as he moves with that flustered expression of his. You found it amazingly cute. Almond makes his way to the front door, and you peak through the kitchen doorframe, still feeling fuzzy from the alcohol. Almond peeks at the peephole of his front door. He looks back and mouths, "It's Latte,"

Latte? What is she doing here? "Shit, uh-" You look back at the bottle of alcohol and empty glasses. You point towards it and give him a look. Almond gestures for you to hide it. You nod.

Outside, Latte cranes her neck to the windows, looking worriedly. Her eyebrows were furrowed, hand gripping tightly on to her staff. "Oh where could he be.." She sighs to herself, hand on her own cheek.

The door swings open, revealing a disheveled and seemingly tired Almond. "Ms. Latte," He starts, "To what do I owe the um.." He clears his throat and unconsciously fixes his collar. "The pleasure of you visiting?"

"I've heard the news, and came by to see how you are, and maybe offer some...." She leans in close to whisper. "..Assistance," Latte says. "May I come in?"

"Oh," Almond managed, "Yes of course, you will have to pardon the rookie, we were just discussing the case." Almond moves away the door frame. Latte gives him a smile and goes in. Her eyes settle on your bag, phone and notepad, along with a few other curious things. You weren't in he living room though. Her eyes scan the surroundings, for a sign of your person.

"Oh, that's quite all right," She looks back at Almond with a warm smile.

"Don't you have class at this hour?" Almond asks, shutting the door gently. "Oh and go make yourself at home, I'll get you some coffee."

"Oh no need, no need!" Latte let's out a chuckle. "Besides, isn't it dangerous to go against the Commissioner's order?"

Almond opens his mouth to speak, but you show up, walking out the kitchen with a glass of water. "Oh. Ms. Latte," You greet her with a warm smile, making your way to her. You both shake hands. "Fancy meeting you here," You managed, curtly.

"Oh well, I just had to visit! I was worried for Mr. Detective over here, with the incidents and what not." Latte lets out another set of giggles.

You forced a smile, "Right..." You say, you look at Latte up and down. You glance at Almond who gives you a certain look, and then back at Latte, "Yes, Right, of course." You clear your throat, "That is very understandable."

"Oh, and I'd also like to say, congratulation, (Y/n)! For finally being a detective." Latte shifts her glances to Almond and then to you.

"Thank you," You managed, sipping the glass of water.

"Well, they always had the potential, and they seem ready." Almond nods.

Latte nods, "I had no doubts, whatsoever!"