Chapter Thirteen: Every Solution Has it's Problems.

Ben's POV.

Happiness is something that one only experiences every so often in life. A feeling that can come from such a simple thing or in this case, something amazing. At this moment in time, I'm possibly the happiest I'll ever be in my lifetime.

I wrap my arms around Dakota's rounded tummy, kissing her neck with a warm smile. I look into the mirror where I catch Dakota staring at her once flat stomach.

We found out a month ago that Dakota is almost two months pregnant with my baby and boy am I excited! This exquisite, young Luna is going to give birth to my baby!

I wrap my arms around Dakota's body, my hands resting on her rounded bare tummy as she looks at herself in the mirror.

"You look beautiful," I murmur, kissing her neck and ear.

"I look fat," Dakota protests.

"You just look pregnant, the rest of your body is still it's slender self. Just like, I still have my muscles," I laugh, flexing my arms jokingly. "Listen, I have to go out on some business for an hour or two tops so how about you get dressed and meet me downstairs for breakfast then?"

Dakota nods and after kissing her cheek, I leave the room.

Dakota's POV.

When Ben leaves, I find myself lingering at the mirror, still staring at my stomach. I'm not prepared for this baby. I don't want a child who might not even get to hear their mother's voice. I want to be able to tell him or her bedtime stories, sing them a lullaby but there's a chance that I won't be able to do any of that.

I sit down on the bed, throwing a pillow at the mirror out of frustration. Life isn't fair. How come I always get dealt the bad hand? I never asked for any of this and sometimes I wonder, if I hadn't of met Ben would I have got aphasia? Would I be an emotional wreck? No, I don't think so. I'm not saying it's his fault but I don't know.

A knock on the door interrupts me and I stand up tugging my dressing gown on. "Come in!" I call with a shaky voice, hoping whoever it is doesn't realize I'm upset. I quickly grab the pillow and throw it on the bed, just in time for the door to open and Rosa - Ben's mum to walk in.

Rosa doesn't know I'm pregnant yet as she only came back from business about a week ago. Ben and I didn't want to say anything in case something went wrong in the early stages because that can happen.

I fake a smile as she pulls me into a gentle hug.

If only Rosa had noticed the lack or sincerity in that smile.

"Please, join me in the library dear? I have a book you may be interested in. A book about Vampires, I feel that since you know enough about us, you should know of our enemies."

"Sure, I'll meet you there in ten minutes, once I throw some clothes on."

I throw on a comfy outfit that manages to successfully cover my thankfully small bump before making my way to the library. It's class that they have their own library, I'm jealous!

I open the library door to see Rosa looking rather happy about something. She instantly jumps up and throws her arms around me. "Why are you so happy?" I chuckle, oblivious to what she's found.

"The solution to your problem, in this very book!"

"The vampire one?"

"Mhm."

It's only then I notice Ben enter the room. "A solution mother? Do tell." He says, rolling his eyes as he obviously doesn't believe her.

"In this book. Aphasia is a medical condition, right? Well, there's a way to get rid of this and any other conditions. It's a tough decision though..."

"Just spit it out mum!"

This conversation went on in a similar fashion, Ben being rude and Rosa trying to prove her point. I must say, it was a genious idea! Although, one with some some fierce consequences. Right. Maybe some background history would make this easier to explain.

Vampires are wolves only enemies, they always have been. The tale is too long to explain and frankly I don't have time. The problem with this solution is well, it involves me becoming a vampire....

"No, no, no, no!" Ben boomed. "Dakota is the Luna of our pack, she's married to the Alpha! The wolf Alpha and I will not have my wife as my enemy! I appreciate your research but this. Is not happening."

Shit.