I had just finished therapy when I saw Bayou's missed calls and panicked texts. I texted back as fast as I could before trying to return her calls. I stood in one spot trying to get in contact with her. Is she sick? Did she get hurt? Is she in the hospital? What if she's dead and alone somewhere. My heart couldn't fathom the thoughts. Unfortunately, my head was only filled with the worst possibilities and that put me in the zone. I ran to my car, put the key in the engine and sped out of the parking lot.

My plan was to drive to this halfway house she's been staying at then stop by her jobs. If I fail to find out what's wrong with her I'll call all the local hospitals.

I was on the road in the fast lane of the expressway thinking about what I'm going to grow in my garden this upcoming spring when my phone rang through my car's speakers.

"Hello."

"Jayda it's Bay."

"Bay?" I nearly shouted. "Are you okay? I just got your calls. I'm heading your way now."

"Yeah girl I'm fine there's no need to come by." Why does she sound so calm?

"So what was the emergency?"

"I actually fucked up the dye that was in my hair and got this horrible color and couldn't get it out so I needed your help. I had no choice, but to go by the salon before I took all my damn hair out." she chuckled.

"Jesus Bayou next time say that in your texts! I almost had a baby trying to fly to see you and if you were okay. You funky ass bitch!" I yelled at the Nissan that flew from beside me almost scraping my car and then came into my lane without turning on her signal.

"What?"

"Not you. This bitch almost hit my car. But yeah don't do that no more."

"Y-yeah I'm sorry about that. But it's okay. I needed a trip to the salon anyway, it's been so long." She sounded off.

"Are you sure that's all you called about?" She didn't sound too good.

"Yeah that's all. I am actually with my boyfriend. He rented a condo for me so I am no longer staying at the halfway house."

"Oh congratulations. I'm glad you're finally able to have your own place. Yall moving in together?"

"No, he just didn't want any girlfriend of his living in a halfway house when he has all this money."

"That was sweet of him. What are you doing now?"

"I'm at the trap with MadMan."

"CantGetRight there too?"

"Yes girl."

"Yall bold. I couldn't do it." I shook my head as if she could see me. I honestly didn't know how I felt about her relationship with MadMan. As much as I like MadMan as a person so far, I feel like he's not necessarily for her and one of them has an agenda and they're not together for genuine reasons. But I won't tell her that. Yet.

"Okay well I'm finna go home then. Call me later."

"Okay see you later."

I turned up my radio listening to Pu$$y Fairy by Jhene Aiko. All I could think of is Catora. With his sexy ass. I danced in my seat thinking about putting it on him when he comes by tonight or tomorrow who knows. I know he loves fucking me for a fact and I just want to return the favor.

"Oh fuck me!" I jumped in my seat when my heart dropped six feet because my phone rang through the bluetooth speakers again, this time my radio was on eighty percent loud. This better be Bayou in a real emergency or else it's on.