38

Cato cursed me out earlier today when someone told him about us meeting Diamond and let's just say he held nothing back from me. I was all kinds of stupid and empty heads it makes no sense. That is why I am pulling up to Malcolm's house to chat really quickly about it because Cato said that he was going to tell Malcolm to call everything off if I didn't do it. I didn't, which proves how well he knows me.

"I already know what you came by for." Malcolm started as soon as his body touched the passenger seat of my car. I rolled my eyes.

"You called it off?"

"Not yet. But you know we gotta abide by what he says. I know you feel like you doing your shit and holding shit down which I agree you have. You been applying pressure with these niggas. Your persuasiveness is out of this world Jayda, but Cato been doing this shit longer than you. He knows what he's talking about so when he says don't go to this meet, he means that shit. Your safety comes first" Malcolm shrugged like he was saying he can't go against Cato which I one hundred percent understood.

"He told you I was coming didn't he?"

"Hell yeah."

"Ugh I can't stand him sometimes. So that's it? Y'all gone keep letting this nigga Diamond patch y'all?" Malcolm sucked his teeth looking out the window.

"See when you put it like that it sounds like our defense is weak as hell or something."

"Did you tell Cato about three of his guys getting taken down in one week? One was the head of distribution."

"Look, that ain't his job to worry about, but it's our job to fix that shit. You getting too invested Jayda. Like ya mans said you may need to be put on ice for a minute plus you pregnant."

"You can't fix shit when someone's dead," I said as a matter of fact ignoring what he said.

"That's Cato's point Jayda. Niggas done died on both sides, more on Diamonds side but still. Can't shit fix this but more blood being spilled, and that blood being Diamonds. And we won't get nowhere standing under the same roof as him."

"What about the plan though?" I stressed.

"Awesome plan. But Cato can't help that voice in the back of his head stemming us to pull away and honestly, I'm having the same thoughts Jayda. Diamond been around a long time so we know when his big ass is up to no good forreal. You don't know what we're walking into."

"What if we zoomed each other or something?" I came up with a suggestion.

Malcolm chuckled, holding onto his stomach.

"No Jayda damn. No." He emphasized with a grin going ear to ear. "Leave the street shit to us. We got this nigga."

"Fine. I'll leave it alone. I guess Cato really is the boss." I finally gave in. Maybe I am getting too involved. I'm a whole female out here forgetting these guys don't give a damn who I am. I need to take a step back.

"You guess?" Malcolm chuckled before pulling on the door handle. "My kids inside and you know kids will get into some shit quick. I'll see you soon."

"Bye." I made sure he got inside before shaking my head muttering incoherently under my breath. All of my hard thinking and planning down the drain. I'm getting too attached to this shit anyway.

Do I have food in the fridge?

I guess it wouldn't hurt to do a little grocery shopping.

I found myself in Sam's Club for about an hour before I was checking myself out. It was still pretty sunny by the time I exited the store and I was pushing my cart to my car. It was filled to the rim with food and two cases of water on the bottom. I loved the smell of fresh groceries. I miss grocery shopping with my mama India. I remember she'd put me in the back of the cart and pile all kinds of grocery products on me until I was all covered. Those are the types of memories I can never forget.