Chapter 2: Unwanted attention

It was a long day at the diner but I had to leave early since Andy got back. "Bye Andy, Bye Hannah!" I said waving as I exited the small building. It was September and the leaves swayed in the autumn breeze, walking down the sidewalk wit my bag in hand I continued down the scenic path. I glanced at my phone and looked at the time. My afternoon classes start in about and hour so I have little time to do anything. Because next week is exams! I sighed as I slid my phone back in my pocket. "Hey you!" A man's voice shouted. I could tell he was father back because the distance from me it came from the opposite way, back probably towards the diner. " Bitch I know you heard me speak to you!" He grew angrier. Panic set in and I began to speed walk across the road and I turned to see that man go the same direction as me. Without further hesitation I ran all the way to the entrance door to my school. I was out of breath and scared for my life, but I thought he was gone. But boy was I wrong. "Looks like I found you bitch." He said as he was about to grab me. "Wow is that how you treat a lady!" A deep voice said. It was Dustin, one of my study group friends. He was tall has brown eyes and brown hair. "Well I have business with her so if you can mind! Go away." The other man spoke. He was kinda short with black. Hair and brown eyes and had a scar above his lip. "I don't think you do? And isn't weird for a old man to be chasing a woman down the street." Dustin said in a annoyed tone rolling his beautiful eyes. "Who the fuck are you!" The man approached Dustin. Dustin stepped up. "Someone who would fuck you up, and who are you." Dustin laughed. The man grew angrier. "Oh Ho Ho the mouth on you will get you in trouble." The man cackled, I was scared I've never met this man in my life and why is he after me. A blonde hair girl named Dawn came to me and Dustin. "Are you guys ok-" she asked, her green eyes spotted the man. "sir if you don't leave I will report you to the authorities." Dawn said wit conviction. Her mom was a lawyer and her dad was the sheriff. The man mumbled and took his leave. "Wow such a weirdo! Lay you okay, he didn't hurt you did he?" Dustin said looking at me. My grey eyes clouded with tears and my long black hair fell in my face. "No..I'm just scared." I spoke. I felt two sets of arms around me. Dawn and Dustin have been my day ones since I came to this town.

-12:30 -
It was our lunch break and we decided to go get some coffee and some pizza from Leo's pizzeria. "I swear if Mr. Swan says anything about the homework I will literally fall off a clif." Dawn said, I laughed at her antics, and she had a point we got two thick homework packets about two separate books and we have to right an essay on both. "He's a lot better than last year." Dustin spoke. Dustins older brother Dalton had him and let's say Dalton has a grudge against Mr.Smith. "Hey are the both of you doing anything later tonight." Dustin asked. Of I had work today. "I got to cover Andy's shift again tonight." I spoke. Dawn and Dusting gave me the saddest look. "Your such a workaholic!" Dustin jokes and I just laughed. "Well that's true but your the brainiac" Dawn doubled over. "Guys I don't know what I would do without you guys." Dawn said with a smile. "But wait didn't you already work today." Dustin asked. I nodded my head and said about the hours I needed to make up plus my schedule is look crammed with all the exams coming up.
After our break was up we headed back to campus.

-5:00-
"Bye guys see y'all tomorrow!" I waved I was walking to the diner to get ready to cover Andy's shift and as I approached the the back entrance of the diner I felt someone grab me and put a rag over my nose. Soon the world around me faded into the night.