:03:

*******

Once Dean got home, and ate burgers with his family at the Roadhouse, he sat down with Sam with a stack of envelopes. Both of them grabbed knives and began to open each of the letters, read the college name, then finally said accepted or not accepted.

"University of Texas. Accepted"," Sam said aloud.

"Cornell. Accepted," Dean said after Sam.

"Princeton University. Not Accepted,"

And they continued on and opened more and more envelopes until there weren't any left.

"Okay. You were accepted into Texas, Cornell, Columbia, and Penn State. Now you've got to decide, Dean," Sam said giving him a look.

"What's the look for?" Dean responded. "You don't think that I'll be able to pick one?"

"Your going to pull a Dean Winchester and procrastinate choosing a college until there's no time left then you're going to come to me and cry about how stressed you are. Then you're going to get mad at me when I tell you that it's your own fault and it's not going to be pretty," Sam said putting a hand on his hip. "I recommend doing research and choosing as soon as possible."

"Why Sam? You want me out of the house as soon as possible?" Dean said smirking.

"God you're such a baby," Sam said and walked into his room upstairs.

"Bitch," Dean muttered under his breath.

"Jerk," Sam yelled back at him from upstairs.

Dean grabbed his laptop and started researching the colleges he was accepted into. When he was applying he just went to this page that told him the top 25 colleges for electrical engineers and applied to the top 20. He had no real background knowledge on any of these colleges. Just that they were all good.

Finally after 6 hours- he slept for 4 of those hours and was woken up rudely by Sam- Dean decided on Columbia University in New York. The trip would take about 18 hours without stopping. So, in total, if Dean were to give himself 4 hours of sleep and 1 hour getting food, using the restroom, and getting gas, then it would take 23 hours to get to New York. But it would be worth it. If Dean were to get an awesome job that pays well, he could fly back to Kansas instead of driving 2 days there and back.

Dean smiled happily and closed his laptop and looked at the time, 1:30 am, and crawled into bed.

*******

A week later

Castiel smiled as he put the last box into the back of his car. He was ready to drive a day down to New York and move into the small on campus apartment he picked out a few days ago. He turned back inside to go make sure he was leaving nothing he need behind before going up to his step-dad.

"I'm leaving now," Castiel said quietly to the Balthazar, who had his back towards him.

"See ya," was all he said and didn't turn around.

And with that Castiel walked outside, slamming the front door, and got into his car and began to drive. It's his father's loss for not saying goodbye. Castiel didn't care though. It's not like Castiel planned on coming back to Kansas, ever. But that was a secret that he hadn't told his father. Who knows, maybe Castiel could find someone that he could sit down with and stay clear from Kansas. But that was probably not going to happen.

After driving roughly 23 hours Castiel made it into New York. The city was breath taking since it was night. He drove around until a small café caught his eye. 'The Lima Bean Café' the sign on top of the café said.