7

Their first encounter with each other was in early November, because of free food. Then they became a couple not long after and are now celebrating their favorite holiday of the year together in Jeongguk's apartment. It's the first time Taehyung is seeing how he lives and already is in love with his interior design. Jeongguk has found a place one can only dream of. Its high walls have a pretty pattern, and on some of them rest beautiful paintings; probably made by Jeongguk himself. The question of moving in together suddenly doesn't sound as stupid anymore, he'd say yes without hesitation, but not only because of the apartment.

The plan on Christmas eve is to be together alone and the day after will be spent with family and friends.

They're currently sitting on the couch in the beautifully decorated room, watching a cliche Christmas movie.

Jeongguk suddenly chuckles.

"What?" Taehyung glances at him, but doesn't move his head much.

Jeongguk can't help the grin from showing up on his face. "You were smooth like butter that day, when you called me babe and put a ring on my finger. I was so shocked at first that I played along." He takes Taehyung's hand that lies next to his own and plays with the ring. He himself is still wearing the one his boyfriend gave him almost two months ago. "I felt like… I think I felt like a criminal undercover when we pretended to be engaged, only to get something for free."

"A criminal undercover?" Taehyung raises an eyebrow, turns his body so he can look at Jeongguk more comfortably. "That doesn't make sense, baby."

"It does." The younger frowns, but his expression immediately changes to a happy one. "Anyway, I think it's finally time to exchange gifts." Without waiting for an answer or reaction, Jeongguk jumps up from the couch and sprints to his bedroom.

Taehyung smiles endearingly at his disappearing back. He loves him, can't really describe how much because the word for that still has to be discovered. He bends down to fetch the backpack from under the table, where he had hidden his boyfriend's present. It was difficult to choose something, but when he was shopping with Jimin, this item just screamed Jeongguk's name. Back then, he didn't know much about him, but now that he does, Taehyung is sure that it's perfect.

Both agreed on not buying anything expensive, just a little something that would remind them of the other when seeing it.

Jeongguk comes back with two small packages, wrapped in pretty, colorful paper. He rubs his nape when he sees Taehyung's questioning look. "I bought something for Tannie as well." The dog is currently taking a nap in the corner of the living room, where Jeongguk placed Gureum's fluffy blanket on the floor. His brother barely visits him, but if he comes by, his dog is with him.

At first, Yeontan didn't like it one bit, since it smelled like another dog, but after Taehyung patted the blanket a few times, he waddled over and laid down, only to fall asleep immediately. The couple had smuggled him in today. Jeongguk's landlord wasn't here anyway, probably because she was celebrating as well and couldn't care less about what was happening in her apartment complex, as long as the tenants wouldn't burn it down. She's not a bad person, if the animals won't stay overnight, she doesn't say anything. Taehyung however, plans to stay until New Year, which is definitely against her rules.

Jeongguk is nervously playing with the bow on top of the slightly larger gift. "When I bought this, we didn't know each other well. I have to admit that I'm still not sure if it's something you'll like." He sits down again, very close to Taehyung and puts the present on his lap. "Merry Christmas, love. What do you have for me?" The nervousness gets replaced by excitement within a second. He's staring at the purple box in his hyung's hand.

Taehyung wants to coo and maybe a little sound does leave his lips. "Guk, if it comes from you, there's no way I won't love it. You could give me a simple stone from the street and I'd be the happiest person alive, because I know that there would be a story behind it of why you've chosen it for me." He pecks Jeongguk's forehead before leaning back and looking down at the item in his hands. "I was also worried, since we didn't know much about each other, but then I realized that we are each other's gift and these are just some additional things to give." He hands him the box, makes sure that their fingers touch and linger for a moment. "Merry Christmas, sweetheart. This will be our first of many."

Jeongguk is at a loss of words. He questions if he deserves the man in front of him, but he has learned to love himself and knows that yes, he does deserve every piece of him. With a moment of hesitation, because he was staring at his lover, he takes the box and shakes it. The chuckle, which comes from Taehyung, makes him blush a little. He's a curious guy, sue him. "Thank you." With a nod to the present on the other's lap, he wants him to take it. "Let's open it at the same time."

Taehyung plays with the bow, checks what Jeongguk does and pulls it as soon as his boyfriend lifts the lid.

Both gasp at the same time. Taehyung has gotten Jeongguk a wristband with red and blue orbs attached and as luck would have it, the exact same item is Taehyung's present.

"Oh my god, we're meant for each other." Taehyung took it out, wrapping it around his wrist. "It's beautiful, thank you so much." He waits until Jeongguk wears his, too, and leans in for a kiss.

This is going to be something they can tell their kids and grandchildren in the future, because it's not even a question that they'll marry one day and adopt at least two.

The evening is spent with a little bit of alcohol, not too much, and a lot of kisses and cuddles. Both know that tonight is gonna be the night. They want to take the next step and make love for the first time.