Four

4

❝ I BUILT MYSELF

I BUILT MYSELF.

4

FLASHBACK

"Juan?" Eloise called out while knocking on the door.

"Enter", Said the deep, gruff voice behind the door.

Eloise entered and was met with a huge, bright, and spacious office. I saw Juan sitting behind his desk, typing furiously on the keyboard.

Juan is the son of the previous owner of the institution, Ms. Gonzalez. After his mother retired, he took over as he was the only child who was old enough to take over.

Juan looked up and frowned when he saw Eloise's face.

"Miss Rodriguez." He said, nodding his head.

Eloise rolled her eyes "Stop being so formal, it's just me."

He rolled his eyes and stood up from his chair. He walked around his desk and stood in front of Eloise. Since they were both the same height, they looked each other eye to eye. Suddenly, Eloise was engulfed in a bear hug. Eloise relaxed in his warm embrace.

Juan was one of the people Eloise allowed to touch her. He was one of the trusted ones.

They pulled apart and Eloise looked deep in his stormy irises.

"Something is bothering you", Eloise spoke up abruptly.

Juan sighed and ran his hand through his hair.

"El, what I'm about to tell you, is please don't take your anger out on my furniture", Juan bluntly said.

"You know I can't promise that, what do you want to tell me", Eloise curiously asked.

Juan sighed "Earlier today I received a call from your oldest brother."

Eloise's jaw ticked "What did he want Eloise gritted out."

"He requested that I release you from the institution", Juan muttered angrily.

Juan knew about Eloise's past. When he learned about what her family did to her, he was furious. Eloise was like a sister to him, a sister he never had.

Eloise shook in anger. She stood up and walked to the door. She punched the door, creating a hole before walking out.

"Fuck, this is not good", Juan muttered.