Chapter 8-Next morning

Isabel's POV

Oh my God. My head feels like it's going to explode any second now. Ugh. It was 6 in the morning and I was tired as shit. My head hurt like there was no tomorrow. I smelled like something died and I slept with it. What happened yesterday? The last thing I remembered was chugging down three cups of beer. What happened after that? I groaned as my head started hurting even worse when I tried recalling my lost memories.

I got off the bed and groggily walked to my bathroom. I freshened up and put on some clothes. I still feel awful. Maybe I could ask Avery about this hangover. Yup. It was the first, and I had no idea what to do about it.

I walked out of my house and went over to Avery's place. I rang the bell about 8 times and heard no response. I didn't see her car in the garage either. Maybe she spent the night with James. I almost threw up at the thought. Maybe she left without you. Maybe she had some work in school.

Satisfied with the thought I got into my car and drove to the school. I entered the familiar hallway and walked to my first class.

Lord I feel so sick. My head's breaking. I feel like throwing up.

"Miss Montez, are you feeling alright?" I head Mr. Jacobs ask me.

"I actually feel really sick Mr. Jacobs" I confessed.

"Alright. You may go see the nurse ms. Montez"

I opened the nurse's station and entered. "Um, excuse me?"

The nurse turned toward me. "Ah, Isabel. Why are you here my dear?" I heard the nurse in a soothing tone.

Samantha aka the nurse was a pretty woman with a comforting voice. It was evident that she was concerned. She was 20-something, had green eyes and beautiful red hair reaching her chest that she so neatly tied in a bun. She was pretty. Still surprised about why she was single though.

"Uh I , my head is pretty much the reason I'm gonna die. And I feel like throwing up real bad" I told her.

She smiled. "Hangover I suppose? I heard that the party yesterday was pretty sick. This result was pretty much expected" she smiled and handed me painkillers. "Lay down for sometime and try to relax alright? Don't try to think too much and exert too much pressure" she smiled sweetly. How did she know about the party? I shook my head and laid down on the bed. I felt my eyes getting heavier.

I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing. It was a text message from Alison asking me how I was feeling. I smiled thinking that she cared enough to ask me about my health. I quickly replied to her text. I looked around for Samantha. Just as I was going to get off my bed I heard footsteps nearing the stations.

"Samantha listen to me, I didn't kiss that girl. She kissed me. You need to understand. I love you and only you." I heard a masculine voice.

"I can't do this anymore. You're a student. This is wrong. So wrong. If the management finds out about this they'll put me in jail. You're still 17 love. You're still young." I heard Samantha's voice.

I've heard that man's voice somewhere. It seemed so familiar. I still couldn't put my finger around it. I was still on the bed and the only thing separating me from the star crossed lovers was a curtain.

"I love only you Samantha. Try to understand. I'd give up anything to be with you." I heard the man say.

"I-I don't know" she said out of uncertainty.

"Just trust me Sam." "I, do James. I trust you." I heard samantha say.

James. James. James. I heard his name ring over and over again in my head.

Suddenly I felt suffocated. I felt dizzy trying to process what was happening right in front of me. James, I trust you. Samantha's voice replayed in my head.

James was cheating on Avery. My best friend. That son of a bitch was cheating on the love of my life.

I gulped hard still not believing what I just heard. This is bad. How was I supposed to say this to Av?

This is going to break her.