Chapter 1- Close

Isabel's POV

I saw her standing there. Smiling at me. There it goes, my heart, that beats so fast just for her. She came closer, hugged me making my heart flutter and setting my cheeks on fire. What this girl did to me, astonished me. How could someone have such a huge Impact on me, I still could never understand. She was my best friend. She was my soul sister. Sister, that was just so wrong. I laughed to myself. "I missed you so much Is" she said. I chuckled "I missed you too Avery" So much more than you could ever imagine. I thought to myself. She smelled like strawberries and peaches. Just like her. How could anyone look so beautiful? I looked at her smiling, content. She is just so perfect. I'm so glad I met her. I thought. I saw her frown. "Is, are you even listening to me?" She asked pinching my cheeks. "Ouch! And yes. I am Avery. Lord, you need to stop hurting me." I pouted rubbing my cheeks. "Haha..you love me Is, don't deny it. You love it when I pinch your cheeks" she said smiling coyly at me.
You're right. I love you, but you deserved someone better. I stared at her smiling. I looked into her deep ocean blue eyes. Do you feel the same way, Avery? I saw nothing but confusion. I shook my head and smiled. "So, ready for senior year of highschool?" She chirped happily. "Hmm, I don't know to be honest, Avery. I just hope we'll still be friends. I heard a lot of people change around this age." I said with uncertainty. She looked at me like I said something so obscene. If looks could kill, I think I would've been killed by now. She moved closer to me. I gulped hard, not knowing where this was going. She smirked and hit me hard on my head. "Ouch, what was that for Av?" I said rubbing my head. "Don't be absurd Is, I'll never leave you. You're my other half. I'll stick with you and make you sick of me" she said smiling. She moved her hands and started massaging my head. I would never get sick of you Avery. I love you. "Shit, we need to get going, Is we're gonna be late" she said pulling me. For a petite girl she sure was strong. Avery was a little shorter than me. Long blonde straight hair that reached just above her waist. She was beautiful with full pink kissable lips and deep ocean blue eyes that send my heart fluttering every time she looked at me. I was quite goodlooking myself. I had shoulder length hair. Unlike, Avery I was a brunette with 'piercing green eyes' as she called them. I am gay. Yes. Been since middle school. Been in love with my best friend since middle school. 4 years to be exact. She ran to her car. Unlocked the doors. "Whatcha waiting for Is, we're going to be late for our first day in highschool" she said. I giggled. "Coming" I said smiling. She opened the door of her blue Mustang that she loved so much. I got in and fastened my seatbelt. She took ahold of my hands and squeezed it to reassure me. She smiled at me. There goes my heart, yet again.

She was so close, yet so damn far.